Page 120 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3495

Thread: The DC/WB Superhero Movies Thread

I like cheese.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Rumors confirmed. Snyder cut to HBO Max.

Now back to our discussion of directors cuts...I currently see two possibilities of effect on the current system. 1. The reaction to the Snyder cut is awesome and #releasetheAyercut gets legs (its already begun) or 2. the reaction to Snyder cut is mixed or meh and the experiment of appeasing nerd-rage ends and nerds goes back to shouting into the darkness.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Rumors confirmed. Snyder cut to HBO Max.

Now back to our discussion of directors cuts...I currently see two possibilities of effect on the current system. 1. The reaction to the Snyder cut is awesome and #releasetheAyercut gets legs (its already begun) or 2. the reaction to Snyder cut is mixed or meh and the experiment of appeasing nerd-rage ends and nerds goes back to shouting into the darkness.
    OMFG. I can't believe it. Honestly.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-thing-1295102
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I mean, good for Snyder and everyone involved, but I remember how bad Batman v. Superman was.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    I mean, good for Snyder and everyone involved, but I remember how bad Batman v. Superman was.
    How many times have you seen it? Because it improves over multiple viewings. Just sayin'

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I recognize the things in BvS that people don't like. I like it and some of the chances it takes. I certainly enjoyed it more than Justice League. I reeeeeeeeally hope they're going full bore with the rumors of Darkseid appearance that were planned and not just "most of the way".

$20 million for additional postproduction work, at least $17 million of which will go to fixing Cavill's face.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Just logged on to my personal twitter for the first time in months to see how people are reacting to the news. Sure enough, half the damn feed is people trying to one-up each other on who can take the most obnoxious pot shots at both the movie and the people who are excited for it. See, shit like this is partly why I wound up abandoning that account... -_-

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    $20 million for additional postproduction work, at least $17 million of which will go to fixing Cavill's face.
    No need to fix shots you're cutting.

My buddy just sent me vudu codes for JL Dark: Apokolips War and Birds of Prey. *happy dance*

No need to fix shots you're cutting.
    Are they cutting the Superman resurrected fight? That's like....one of the few good parts of JL.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Are they cutting the Superman resurrected fight? That's like....one of the few good parts of JL.
    I agree. If I was a betting man I would say that was one of Zack's scenes. (checks Superman's lip)

I would also prefer the 4 hour cut over being broken up into chapters.

Anyways, can't believe I'll actually be signing up for HBO Max, but here we are. And later this year(?), I'll also be signing up for Netflix just to watch the new Snyder zombie flick. So basically saying, to all you subscription services out there, all you really gotta do to actually get me to sign up for your services is just put Snyder on there, apparently.

I agree. If I was a betting man I would say that was one of Zack's scenes. (checks Superman's lip)
    That scene in JL has some of the most obvious use of CGI lip in the whole movie. So even if a version of that scene was originally Snyder's, the footage we saw in the theatrical cut was all Whedon reshoots.

That scene in JL has some of the most obvious use of CGI lip in the whole movie. So even if a version of that scene was originally Snyder's, the footage we saw in the theatrical cut was all Whedon reshoots.
    Disagree. There's little to no cgi lips in that scene, with exception to the BvS callback line Superman says to Bats "Do you bleed?"

So that scene is all Synder.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Disagree. There's little to no cgi lips in that scene, with exception to the BvS callback line Superman says to Bats "Do you bleed?"

So that scene is all Synder.
    Yeah agreed.

I admit I might be wrong. I just remember that infamous shot of the most glaring CGI lip in the film, which happens to come from that scene. It's possible it's the only shot in that scene that has it, I don't know. I haven't actually seen the movie since theaters, and don't intend to ever revisit that cut of the film again anyhow to find out.

I admit I might be wrong. I just remember that infamous shot of the most glaring CGI lip in the film, which happens to come from that scene. It's possible it's the only shot in that scene that has it, I don't know. I haven't actually seen the movie since theaters, and don't intend to ever revisit that cut of the film again anyhow to find out.
    youtube has your back

Producer
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Chom Phon Peng
    Hahaha wow
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

The parts in that scene where you can tell he still has a bit of fuzz on the lip are probably original. The parts where his upper lip is like laboratory-grade pristine are prob the CGI-ed reshoots.

--Homer

Just watched Justice League: Gods and Monsters. Was quite impressed! Good animation, nice alt-verse story line. Only an hour and fifteen minutes, and it accomplished a surprising amount. Often these DC animated movies feel too much like elongated episodes while simultaneously managing to seem rushed, like they are cramming in too much at once. This was executed very well. Good stuff.

I also liked that the animation style was more in the line of the old Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League rather than some of the more modern animation styles.

--Homer

I guess I shouldn't be shocked by all this news but it appears the DCEU isn't dead?

https://deadline.com/2020/05/man-of-...os-1202945025/