Thread: Avengers: Endgame (Russo Bros)

Don't underestimate Pikachu lol.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Movie's too long

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Search for "Thanos" on Google and click the gauntlet on the right. You're welcome.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Producer
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Search for "Thanos" on Google and click the gauntlet on the right. You're welcome.
    That was cool.

Did you see it yet?
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Seeing it in 12 hours. Invited the whole family. Making pizza tonight in a coal fire grille. (if it doesnt rain outside) Bought GotG vol 1 and 2 Mix + Rubberband Man.

This is an EVENT at the Duke Household.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

But you put a positive review?

I guess a little, sure. The last MCU movie i disliked to the core was Iron Man 2, and I've even re-watched that movie a number of times to the point where I feel like I have to reverse my grade on it. It's that damn father to son scene.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I guess a little, sure. The last MCU movie i disliked to the core was Iron Man 2, and I've even re-watched that movie a number of times to the point where I feel like I have to reverse my grade on it. It's that damn father to son scene.
    Best part is the halfing of the results at the very end.

Making DC characters disappear is pretty funny since it's just by chance.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

No one is willing to spoil this for me?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Yeah really I'm waiting

I'll send you guys something tomorrow morning if you want.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    [
    ]
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Well played.

Producer
    The film’s wiki has updated some pretty thorough summary I think.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Hahaha. A fire alarm went off just before this started for me. To get it started, they had to replay all the previews. Made for nearly 4 hours at the theater...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Okay... so thoughts...

I'll do non-spoiler and spoilers, but, I figure if you're going into the poll thread that you SHOULD have already seen it, but since this is something unique, I'll do it just in case.

It works, but holy hell is this long. It certainly works as an end of a decade-long phase and in more ways than one. Will there ever be something similar to this again? I highly doubt it, and that includes Star Wars. I don't know that I was ever on the edge of my seat, but was certainly invested with what was going on.

I don't think the action nearly matches what occurred in Infinity War... In fact, it almost seems kind of low on action in a way, if that's possible. With a decade of movies and characters that we've come to really enjoy, it is nice seeing them interact as a group, but it does slog along more than it needs to.

This also has a Return of the King type of never-ending endings. However, I think the biggest fears that we all had for what could hurt this movie, don't really happen...

So now, spoilers...
    [
    ]

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

4 min!

Best thing about the movie and seeing it on Day 1, was not being spoiled by the [
    ]

So glad that wasn't shown in the previews.

[
    ]

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Truly a superhero film of epic proportions; Kevin Feige wasn't exaggerating when he said this was the culmination of the 21 films that preceded it. It has everything, that couldn't be done in a single film. Callbacks, bookends, character arcs, fan service, and the most surprising thing of all, Carol Danvers is barely in this film and is NOT used as a Mary Sue. The three hour run time flies by as the first hour is dedicated to the dire circumstances of the snap with a heart-wrenching cold open. The second hour is hatching a brand new plan and the third is executing the plan. When I looked at my watch at the two hour mark, i couldn't believe how little action had occurred. But it's the last hour you don't want to miss. Unbelievable how much footage was not used from the trailers.

SPOILERS BELOW

The writers really, and I mean really, wanted to go nuts with this film and pair characters together that you would love to see interact. They do this with the 2nd hour's arch of inventing time travel with the help of Scott Lang and the Quantam realm. The film jumps ahead five years (and I agree how they kept this is a secret is beyond comprehension) Tony and Pepper are married with a five year old daughter, so Tony is reluctant to help the Avengers on their mission because he feels not only lucky to make it back to Earth ALIVE, but that Pepper wasn't turned to dust.

Banner and Hulk have made amends and become one known in the comics as Professor Hulk; Yes, Banner is fully Hulked out the whole movie.

Clint lost his whole family in the cold open, and has gone completely off the grid, murdering every thug, gang, and criminal with the ideology that if they didn't get snapped and his family did, then they definitely do not deserve to be left alive. It's brutally gory as there is an excellent fight scene between Ronin and Hiroyuki Sanada and an excellent reunion between Natasha and Clint.

It's the left field stuff that amazed me; what they did with Thor over the film (and hiding it from the public) was incredible. Thor, having not gone for the head in the previous film, feels so guilty, even after decapitating Thanos in the first 10 minutes of the film, has totally let himself go, physically and mentally. His humor is on the same path as Ragnarok but more embarrassing as the out of the shape Asgardian has founded a new town for his people in Norway called 'New Asgard' where Thor spends his days playing video games and drinking beer with Miek and Korg.

The time travel stuff was truly the best parts of the film for me; which is REALLY hard to say because there is so much gloomy stuff that re-watching this will be a chore. They specifically establish multiple times that time travel does not work in the Back to the Future sense. So if you go back and kill your grandfather, you yourself will not slowly fade away. Once you have that out of the way, you can do anything- which is what the Avengers plan to do. Go back to specific times in the past, where the infinity stones are closest together, bring them back and undo 'the Snapining'.

The Avengers realize that in 2012, there were three infinity stones in NYC (the Tesseract, Loki's Scepter and the Time Stone at the Sorcerer's Supreme Sanctum). So Cap, Iron Man, Bruce head back to 2012 to get all three which means, we have Professor Hulk trying to convince The Ancient One (with Tilda Swanson) to hand over the Eye of Agamotto. Really cool to see during the attack on NYC, The Ancient One defending the Sanctum by herself.

How about Rocket Racoon and Thor's mom interacting with Rocket and Thor trying to extract the Ether from Jane Foster?

But probably my favorite time travel moment was when Captain America meets his past self while trying to get Loki's sepeter and a quite hilarous elevator scene that MC will remember from my Favorite Moments of the MCU.

Once everyone complete's their mission and brings back the stones (and there are hiccups along the way, even after they accomplish this) it becomes chaos in the last hour. Every single MCU member comes into battle with some of the most iconic and 'love to see it' moments. One of them being an all-female stand against an army as big, if not bigger than the Infinity War one. But there is SO much going on in this scene that it will truly need a second viewing to absorb it all.

Biggest cheer in my screening was Captain lifting Molnair and the appearance of Pepper Potts in Iron Man armor.

Best retcon was the Loki death reversal in a very clever, time travely loophole.

Most emotional? Maybe Tony running into his father in the past. Or Steve seeing Peggy at the SHIELD base. Or Thor sitting down with his mother on the day of her death.

Saddest moment could be attributed to the death of Iron Man, the passing of the Captain America torch to Sam Wilson, the death of Black Widow, the reuniting of Peggy Carter and Steve Rogers,

After credits: There's no scene, but when the credits fade away, you hear what sounds like the banging of a hammer on metal. Tribute to Iron Man building his mach 1 suit? Or something else alluding to Phase 4? Possibly his daughter taking over as Iron Man? Ironheart possibly????

And yes, it looks like Thor is joining the AsGuardians of the Galaxy in Vol 3.

1.The Avengers
    2.Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3.Avengers: Age of Ultron
    4.Avengers: Infinity War
    5. Avengers: Endgame
    6.Iron Man
    7.Thor: Ragnarok
    8.Guardians of the Galaxy
    9.Ant-Man and the Wasp
    10.Spider-Man: Homecoming
    11.Captain America: Civil War
    12.Captain America: The First Avenger
    13.Iron Man 3
    14.Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    15.Captain Marvel
    16.Thor
    17.Ant-Man
    18.Black Panther
    19.Doctor Strange
    20.Iron Man 2
    21.Thor: The Dark World
    22.The Incredible Hulk

Yeah, my crowd quite loved the

[
    ].

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Spider-man: Far From Home is definitely taking place AFTER this film.

And I'm willing to bet we will now see a TON of MCU films taking place in the past. [
    ]

Producer
    Duke, I try to be cryptic in your MCU scenes thread with my "looking through the thread" comment about updating after Endgame, but I meant...

[
    ]

My audience reaction was akin to Thor's at that moment ("I knew it!!!"). The whole theater erupted at the sight. So wild and exhilarating.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Thanks Duke!

[
    ]

Producer
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Thanks Duke!

[
    ]
    I think it's confirmed even before Endgame that it's a prequel, taking place way back in the past.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast