View Poll Results: Ant-Man and the Wasp

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

14 93.33%
  • Nay

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ant-Man and the Wasp (Peyton Reed)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So this may not make the domestic total of the first movie. Very odd considering the opening.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So this may not make the domestic total of the first movie. Very odd considering the opening.
    Not the case!

also this was a pretty solid action-comedy. I like everyone in this movie, even the bad guys- I think that helps a lot especially since I hated the actions and behaviors of almost everyone in Infinity War, which left me upset because it just made everyone stupid. This improved on the original in the right ways- a good balance of giving everyone in the cast their due (except Pfeiffer, wanted more of her) and I buy the chemistry of the leads all the way. Good time, good film

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Totally inconsequential but so warmhearted I couldn't help but like it. Even the bad guys in this movie aren't really bad.

Still suffers from the same problem as the original in that the "lead" character spends most of his time tagging along on other people's adventures. The multiple flashbacks don't help the movie's center, either. (Neither does the title "Ant Man and The Wasp," which could legitimately refer to two sets of different characters).

I wish the humor was a little looser and the movie a little more fun. They need someone with Taika Waititi's sensibility. Reed is too constrained and the hard demands of the formula takes up too much space; the movie has no room to breathe. For something that wants to goofy, it needs to fuckin' relax.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    (Neither does the title "Ant Man and The Wasp," which could legitimately refer to two sets of different characters).
    I actually liked this a lot, since it opens the door for possible flashback adventures and the de-aging CGI has finally caught up with that sort of idea.

A slight film but a highly enjoyable one - I agree that Reed has let loose with the possibilities of size-changing powers in a way he hadn't in the first film. The action sequences are significantly better and so is the comedic timing. Beckinsale is a horrible actress, though, and she stands out like a sore thumb amidst this cast.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 10-16-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I actually liked this a lot, since it opens the door for possible flashback adventures and the de-aging CGI has finally caught up with that sort of idea.

A slight film but a highly enjoyable one - I agree that Reed has let loose with the possibilities of size-changing powers in a way he hadn't in the first film. The action sequences are significantly better and so is the comedic timing. Beckinsale is a horrible actress, though, and she stands out like a sore thumb amidst this cast.
    Quoted. Beckinsale??

Eh, sorry, I meant Lily. The one from Lost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12