Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man (Marc Webb, 2012)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting The Mike (view post)
    Aprile Fulday? Riiiiiighhhhhhhht...... :crazy:
    hahahhaha. I didn't notice that. Why would this just be coming out today then? Strange.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting The Mike (view post)
    Aprile Fulday? Riiiiiighhhhhhhht...... :crazy:
    edit: found it.

Quote Quoting THEHAWK
    Sorry guys, this is embarassing, but I just found out from the Dundalk Democrat that this was a joke, and due to a computer error it was released online yesterday.
    It looks like real news is about the same:

Raimi states "I've just started working on the next installment of the Spider-Man series. Screenwriter David Lindsay-Abaire is in New York right now writing the screenplay and I am going to receive a draft of it in about three weeks I think."

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Does not read Sutter Cane The Mike's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    hahahhaha. I didn't notice that. Why would this just be coming out today then? Strange.
    Maybe it's Irish April Ful's Day? :lol:
    The Mike

It's very very horrible, sir. It's one of those things we wish we could disinvent.

From Midnight, With Love - My Midnight Movie Blog of Justice!

Here's some real news. Alan Cumming is playing Green Goblin in Julie Taymor's Spidey Musical.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Here's some real news. Alan Cumming is playing Green Goblin in Julie Taymor's Spidey Musical.
    I'm still all about going to New York in February/March to see that.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

admits mistakes, wants to fix them in 4

Quote Quoting Raimi
    As far as Spider-Man, I've learned a lot of lessons about what people didn't like and missteps that I'd made. But I learned those lessons on the previous two, I was just a little quieter about them. I made a lot of mistakes, and it's part of the reason I so want to make this next story of Peter Parker."

The Spider-Man films, I've made mistakes, but I really do look at them as things that I've learned, and hope that when I apply what I've learned to this next one, I really make a film that people enjoy and is really true to the character in a fresh, original way. That's my goal

I take this to mean that there will be almost no action sequences or villainy in Spider-Man 4 and will consist almost entirely of Young People having Young People Problems to amusing musical cues, involving much delightful mugging for the camera.

YES.

I'm glad that he made a movie for half a billion dollars and decided it was a learning curve and now wants another chance.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I'm glad that he made a movie for half a billion dollars and decided it was a learning curve and now wants another chance.
    Um, while it was greeted with a lot of disappointment from some very vocal people, didn't it still manage to make almost 900 million for Sony worldwide? And its budget was more like a quarter billion? I mean, that's still a success from the studio's point of view, right?

I mean, it's not uncommon for a director to look at all of his films as learning experiences. He sees missteps in his films, and I think most directors--if being honest--will cop to mistakes being made.

I know, and I would rather he says this honestly than insist that Spider-Man 3 was a good movie, but there's something about it that rubs me the wrong way. I mean, it's the second most expensive movie ever made and he's just basically saying, "Yeah, lots of people didn't like it. It's not the best. Let me try again, you'll like this one." It doesn't really make me want to see it. At all.

Also, with other directors, that learning curve is by trying out new things. Getting experience. That's different from making a sequel of the same movie with the same character over and over.
    Movie Theater Diary

8 I think you mentioned this before in one of the Spiderman threads, but Raimi was just appealing to the studio with the third installment. They were pushing for the third villain because they didn't know if there would be a 4th film, and the ending result was too much going on in such a little time. That's why venom's appearance sucked so much. Think of the direction Raimi could have went with if they let him work the syndicate into the story himself. If he had an entire movie to play with.

There's no doubt in my mind that 4 will be better than 3.

Yeah, I'm glad he admits it was awful basically. At least I know he won't be reusing stuff from the third movie.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Banned
    Raimi's neocon suck-ups bother me more than his callous disregard for Sony's cash.

I think it takes some balls to admit that your own movie with a $500 million budget wasn't good.

I still wish they'd get someone else to take over the franchise, but I admit I'm eager to see what he has up his sleeve.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Where do you get $500 mil from?

Where do you get $500 mil from?

That's how must it cost.

Between the film's production and the advertising budget, it cost $500 million.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    That's how must it cost.

Between the film's production and the advertising budget, it cost $500 million.
    $250+ mil on advertising? WTF? It cost MORE to advertise than it did to make?

$250+ mil on advertising? WTF? It cost MORE to advertise than it did to make?

Yeah, that's not all that uncommon.

I bet Fox spent more on advertising Wolverine than they did making it.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Yeah, that's not all that uncommon.

I bet Fox spent more on advertising Wolverine than they did making it.
    I'm obviously out of the Hollywood 'how to make money' loop but I guess they're thinking long term investment from DVD sales and TV showings + comcast on demand crap and stuff. I can see spending $100 mil on advertising, esp during the Super Bowl and high profile events but that $250 number blew my mind.

According to the-numbers, if it made 900 mil WW, that's 300 mil profit, + 150 mil from DVD sales, + 33 mil TV rights.. so I guess they do make a lot of that back pretty fast. Still a win for Hollywood.

Generally duke, when you factor in the budget to make the movie, that's also the amount it will cost the studio to advertise it. There's no official documentation, it's just what they say.

This is where studios, directors, etc get in trouble over gross %. Studios can forge the numbers all they want into saying how much they put into advertising.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

this is weird....

Thanks to a scooper at SHH, we've learned that during a Q&A with Ted Raimi and Michael Papajohn at Wizard World Philadelphia, Papajohn (aka the carjacker/original killer of Uncle Ben from the Spider-Man films) said that he would be reprising his role for Spider-Man 4. He then proceeded to say if he told us what his role entailed, he'd have to kill us.
    A flashback?

But... I though that Spiderman 3 established Sandman as the real killer.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast