Thread: Silver Bullets (Joe Swanberg)

Silver Bullets (Joe Swanberg)

Starring Joe Swanberg as an artsy director and Ti West as a horror director. What kooky casting!

Ethan (Joe Swanberg) is a director who aims to make meaningful art films, but is struggling with a creative slump and disengagement with his work. His girlfriend Claire (Kate Lyn Sheil), is an actress whose career is beginning to take off. She has accepted the lead part in a werewolf movie being directed by talented young horror filmmaker Ben (Ti West). Ethan's depression leads to jealousy over both Claire’s success and her increasingly close relationship with Ben. Ethan decides to retaliate against Claire by casting her best friend Charlie (Amy Seimetz) in a romantic role opposite himself in his new film. As pettiness and jealousy spiral out of control within their relationship, Claire begins to slip into a surreal fantasy world that more closely mirrors her role in the werewolf film than that of her real life. Largely improvised Silver Bullets draws inspiration from Chekhov ‘s The Seagull and Roman Polanski’s Bitter Moon, while using David Foster Wallace as a reference point to explores fame, depression and suicide.

Starring: Kate Lyn Sheil, Ti West, Amy Seimetz, Joe Swanberg, Jane Adams and Larry Fessenden
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Largely improvised Silver Bullets draws inspiration from Chekhov ‘s The Seagull and Roman Polanski’s Bitter Moon, while using David Foster Wallace as a reference point to explores fame, depression and suicide.
    I'm out.

I haven't seen any of those movies. Teaser leaves me a tad intrigued, though.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?