Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: The European Football Thread

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Harry is going 4-4-2, with no Sandro or Lennon, and Van Der Vaart on the right wing. Not sure I like that. Sandro has been Spurs' best player over the last couple months.

Wow. What a start to this game!

And don't you know it ThePlashyBubbler's Avatar
    Great start, Spurs defense looks worrisome as per usual.

Well. That was an entertaining first half.

Is Ronaldo one of those guys that exceeds against bad teams? Besides a PK goal last week, I haven't seen him do anything in games that seem to matter.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Jesus Christ, Arsene Wenger is a whiny bitch.

What a match. Disappointed that Spurs couldn't pull it out in the end, but that was one of the best matches I've ever seen. Exciting from start to finish.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    What a match. Disappointed that Spurs couldn't pull it out in the end, but that was one of the best matches I've ever seen. Exciting from start to finish.
    Exhilarating. Its one of those games I wish Id recorded so I can use it as "Exhibit A" when my friends ask me why I started watching soccer

Ronaldo had his chance, but can only kick with his right.

I should've watched Arsenal/Tottenham. But these last few minutes are getting pretty exciting.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Welp, I eat my words.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Did my best to not hear the result until I watched the match, but unfortunately it was not to be. Just finished watching the match with much of the drama gone (although it was still an excellent game).

I am shocked at Arsenal's lack of composure at holding leads this season - which was never really a problem in the past. I maintain that the 4-4 at Newcastle was a ref-assisted farce, but here (like against Liverpool, Spurs at home and Sunderland away) it was just us plain switching off at vital moments. We were comfortably better than Spurs throughout much of the game (just like we were in those 3 other games) and at 3-1 should have just shut the game off, but a lucky (if well hit) strike by Huddlestone and a cheap penalty to concede got you back in it. Frustrated to say the least. I want this to be sorted for next season. Without all those late point-tossing mistakes, which should just not happen at this level, we'd be ahead of United now.

At least Madrid beat Barcelona. I hate Ronaldo just as much as anyone, but the thought of another treble for Barcelona makes me want to scream and throw things.

It's also always nice to see Bale marked out of a game. I'll admit that I loved it when Szczesny clobbered him.

Sergio Ramos dropped the Copa Del Rey and it fell under the bus during the parade, basically getting crushed.

[youtube]NXxSuzRpTps[/youtube]

Nice way to celebrate your first Spanish Cup win in 19 years. :lol:

What a fucking joke. Gomes stopped that ball before it crossed the line. Keeping resting on your archaic traditions, FA and UEFA (or basically, soccer in general). No need for goal line replay technology, right guys? What a complete fucking joke.

I've never really understood the "tradition" line when technology shows that a team should've won or lost.

"The human element" is an even worse line.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yeah, the Premier League is so crooked it's untrue. I guarantee you that you would not have been awarded those 'goals' at Stamford Bridge. I genuinely felt bad for Spurs today, even if Gomes' clownishness really did bring the first goal onto himself.

Yes! Fuck off Manchester United!

God, I was a nervous wreck for the last 20 minutes.

Director
    Liverpool is going to finish 5th.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    I think so too, which is amazing considering how shit they were until December or so.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    I think so too. Spurs are faltering, and look totally devoid of confidence.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Man City wins the FA Cup, 5th and 6th make the Europa League, correct? Yet if Stoke win, it'll be the 5th spot only, as well as Birmingham and Stoke? If that's the case, I'll be rooting like hell for Man City on the 14th.

i hate barcelona so much

Those Classico matches have been unbearable to watch this year. The constant diving, bitching, calling for cards, etc. It's insufferable to watch. I turned it off after Barca scored. I knew it was over at that point, and couldn't stand to watch any longer.

i hope manchester (or in the unlikely event, schalke) destroys them in the final

they need to be taken down a peg

Director
    Man City clinches their spot Champions League. Also, it looks like Tottenham will have to win at Anfield on Sunday if they want 5th, but it looks like Redknapp would prefer it if they didn't.
    "Teams who get into the Europa League want to get out of it," Redknapp said.

"Half of them put reserve teams out in the early stages and it's difficult to play every Thursday and Sunday. It disrupts things.

"We didn't have European football last year and we finished fourth. That was a big advantage to us.

"If there are teams around you in the Europa League, you want to keep them in it. If we were in it next year, and you were one of the other clubs around us, you'd want us to stay in that competition because it takes its toll.

Cruel twist of fate with Crouchy getting the own goal, considering the result last year.

Harry is right, but I'd still prefer that Spurs continue to have a presence in Europe and qualify for Europa. I think in the long run it will strengthen the team. Either way, this team has run out of gas, and isn't going to come away with a result at Anfield.

Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast