Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2236

Thread: The European Football Thread

uruguay is the only one in group 2 who could challenge spain and they've been in extremely poor form lately

Any chance of me changing allegiances to another team just went up in smoke.

I bought a Spurs jersey. For me, that's like signing a contract in blood.

And don't you know it ThePlashyBubbler's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    Any chance of me changing allegiances to another team just went up in smoke.

I bought a Spurs jersey. For me, that's like signing a contract in blood.
    Nice. Which shirt did you go for? I have this year's blue away kit with Dembele 19, and am tempted to get the home now that they're getting marked down.
    Writing things for A Horizontal Myth.

A 2013 Away Jersey (the dark blue one) w/ Bale on it. I was gonna get Dempsey, but I am not even sure if he'll be around next season.

Looks like this:

A 2013 Away Jersey (the dark blue one) w/ Bale on it. I was gonna get Dempsey, but I am not even sure if he'll be around next season.
    Yeah, that's the one I currently have as well, fits/looks great. Enjoy! Reminds me, I wonder if the new kit for next season will be out anytime soon, feel like it was around this time last year that they got released.

Also, word on the street is that:

* Bale isn't going anywhere, and they are bringing in Baldini as DOF to help get players in here to convince Bale they mean business.

* Baldini's "officially" on board on 7/1, but he's already involved in negotiations.

* They're going hard after Bernard, Paulinho and and midfielder Fredy Guarin.

unless spurs plan on overpaying massively for guarin, he's not going anywhere

i wouldn't put any money on paulinho heading to tottenham anyway. he's been stringing inter along for the better part of a year-and-a-half. i know you guys have had trouble with players who can't seem to make up their mind about whether they want to stay or go and he's no different

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I also don't think Bernard is coming. Porto and Dortmund are both showing interest. Both have more money to toss at him, as well as Champions League football.

Aca, is Inter looking at a rebuilding phase or do they figure to be back near the top of the table this year? I don't follow Serie A regularly so wasn't sure if this season was a fluke for them or not.

I think if they were looking to rebuild they would have kept stramaccioni on, since he's a youth oriented guy. The entire Italy u-21 starting defense, including goalie, are inter youth products, along with a number of promising midfielders and forwards, we certainly weren't lacking in prospects

The hiring of mazzarri has me believing that we're aiming for a top three this year, so we'll see. Haven't heard any big transfer rumors though, but that's to be expected when you're not playing in Europe. I believe the squad we have is strong enough to finish in the top 3, its just health and fitness that's our biggest obstacle

Director
    Andy Carroll is finally off to West Ham for £15.5, potentially £17.5 if he meets certain objectives. Big loss for Liverpool but that's still an overpay by Hammers.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14...s-move?cc=5901

They'll probably still make a pretty nice profit on the Suarez/Carroll duo they bought with the Torres proceeds.

Wow. What are you thinking, West Ham??? What a waste of good money.

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Wow. What are you thinking, West Ham??? What a waste of good money.
    British passport = inflated price

I understand the need for British clubs to buy British players, but the short supply of decent British talent makes the prices skyrocket. No wonder the league is so full of foreigners and no wonder the national team is so incredibly rubbish.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Multiple sources point to both Villa and Paulinho being signed by Spurs after the Confederations Cup is over.

If this turns out to be true, the people in charge of Spurs have been obviously kidnapped and replaced with pod people.

(Not because of the talent, but because of how early they're getting it done)

Yes, please.

Multiple sources point to both Villa and Paulinho being signed by Spurs after the Confederations Cup is over.

If this turns out to be true, the people in charge of Spurs have been obviously kidnapped and replaced with pod people.

(Not because of the talent, but because of how early they're getting it done)

Think they learned after the Leandro problem.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Tevez to Juve for 18.5 mil. It's about friggin time. Still, I'll kind of miss watching Tevez on a regular basis. Really dug his game.

it's actually only 9mil, with an extra million for every year they qualify for the champions league for the next 3 years and another million on top of that if they win the league/champions league

that's a fuckin steal

Precisely what Juventus needed too to get further in the Champions League, IMO.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Corinthians coach and Paulinho just held a press conference to confirm that he's going to Spurs for the upcoming season.

Holy. Shit. First day of window.

What is this sorcery?

I just realized that this gives us a midfield of Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho. Daaaamn.

David Villa is apparently a lock as well, along with two young Croatian players, Halilovic and Jedvaj. Halilovic in particular looks stunning in this video:

Who the hell kidnapped Levy, and who is impersonating him?

sorry guys but i hope paulinho is a spectacular failure

nothing against the spurs, just bitter at how he led inter on for so long

I feel similarly about Leandro, though there's still a chance he ends up a Spur, so I'll bite my tongue until he's somewhere other than Internacional.

seems like brazilians are the biggest offenders when it comes to that kind of indecisiveness

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    seems like brazilians are the biggest offenders when it comes to that kind of indecisiveness
    In most cases it's the third-party ownership, which Brazil is on the brink of banning. They throw a wrench into everything. I think Leandro would have happened a long time ago had it not been for the mess that a third party brings to negotiations.

Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast