Page 9 of 522 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Damn you, KF. You have Brady, Moss, AND Hester? You suck. :cry:

And hey, how 'bout them Browns?
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    Asanate Samuel for a TD return! W00t! Love that guy.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    Ok, so scratch that. Their defense sucks balls and chokes on the pubes. I honestly didn't think it was possible to allow Rex Grossman to lead a team down the field to tie a game up. It's not televised, but I feel safe in assuming they played their typical bend-and-break Prevent D that's allowed teams to go up and down the field on us for the past 5 years. But Christ, it's Rex fucking Grossman.
    I didn't catch the end of that game. But hey take heart: even the Packers lost to the Bears this season. And they're a great NFC team. This year's Broncos team has been inconsistant, but I think Cutler has started to stablize the QB position and yes I agree he will be helped by some of his WR's recovering. Coach Mike needs to stop the idiotic merry go round of RB's and pick two backs and stick to them for an entire season. I'm sure fantasy owners agree as well heh. Trust me Denver will sweep the Chiefs and the Raiders this season, and they still have a chance to split with the Chargers. In that shit division the team that reaches 9 or 8 wins will probably take it.

The problem is that the Wild Card in the AFC may be sewed up pretty soon. I think the Browns and bearing any collapse the Jags will be the Wild Card teams. Unless the Colts don't get healthy and the Jags take the division. A healthy Titans team has a shot but Vince Young is suffering from a second year slump which is hurting the team, plus injuries on defense. But its still a bit too early to talk playoffs just yet.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Coach Mike needs to stop the idiotic merry go round of RB's and pick two backs and stick to them for an entire season.
    In most years, you are absolutely correct, but this year his running backs have either been hurting themselves or smoking pot.

I can't help but be impressed at how easily they can plug runners into their system. First Henry, then Young, and now Hall are all looking like dominant backs.

This year's Broncos team has been inconsistant, but I think Cutler has started to stablize the QB position and yes I agree he will be helped by some of his WR's recovering.
    Cutler still has some learning to do, but I think he's going to be the best QB out of that draft. He has a golden arm and his judgment is getting better and better. Even though he was inconsistent, he made some amazing throws tonight. The receivers helped a little too.

Speaking of Denver receivers, did anyone see that Tony Sheffler catch in the end zone? Now that's what I call focus.

Quote Quoting DSNT (view post)
    In most years, you are absolutely correct, but this year his running backs have either been hurting themselves or smoking pot.

I can't help but be impressed at how easily they can plug runners into their system. First Henry, then Young, and now Hall are all looking like dominant backs.
    Okay, fair enough. I was more so refering to past seasons with that comment.

Cutler still has some learning to do, but I think he's going to be the best QB out of that draft. He has a golden arm and his judgment is getting better and better. Even though he was inconsistent, he made some amazing throws tonight. The receivers helped a little too.

Speaking of Denver receivers, did anyone see that Tony Sheffler catch in the end zone? Now that's what I call focus.
    I agree with you on Cutler. Leinart regressed badly and got injured, and Young has also suffered from a second season slump. Mean while Cutler is starting to show that he can command an offense, and he actually showed he was ready to start from the first time the Broncos sent him in to replace Jake the Snake. My friend and I wish that the Packers would have drafted him instead of sticking with Aaron Rodgers. But I've told my friend that Rodgers could turn out to be okay, despite the fact that neither of us can recall any good QBs in the NFL from Cal (maybe we're just too lazy to do any research heh). Storkley and Walker were good pick ups free agency wise, and if Walker remains healthy he will be Cutler's go to guy next season.

The Eagles scored on the Pats but the Pats are up by 7 in the first quarter. Considering we all saw what the Pats did to McNabb the last time I wonder how AJ Feely will fare tonight. I think the Eagles defense will try and take out Brady /John Madden commentary.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Brady NEVER gets sacked! This game is a surprise so far.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

I'm on upset watch. It would amuse me greatly if the Eagles were able to do what the Cowboys and the Colts couldn't. There's still half of the game left to go though so I'll just wait and see what happens.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    I'll give credit to the eagles - they're certainly playing their hearts out. I still have to think we'll win this one though. I mean, we have to, right?
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

Director
    The Best Team in History™ is looking a little weak.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    The Best Team in History™ is looking a little weak.
    Even the 72 Dolphins had some close games. But I don't think the Pats will go undefeated this year. If they managed to beat the Eagles they'll probably either lose to the Steelers or the Giants. Maybe even to a team they have no business losing to, which has happened in the past (the Dolphins upset on MNF for example). That said the Pats just ended this by picking off Feely. The defense came up with big plays when it really had to despite allowing 28 points. Still New England has yet to allow anyone to score 30 points this season which is mighty impressive.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Can we avoid all the discussion about "this shows the Pats are vulnerable"? Please? All this showed was that the Pats had an off night and Feely had the night of his life. When he came back down to earth he was the same A.J. we've seen in Miami: a quarterback who makes bad decisions. Plain and simple. New England is no more vulnerable now than they were last week when they put up 56. It's the same team.

I think the Cowboys, Colts and Eagles showed that there is a game play to beating the Pats. However if any team can actually successfully impliment this game plan remains to be seen.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Can we avoid all the discussion about "this shows the Pats are vulnerable"? Please? All this showed was that the Pats had an off night and Feely had the night of his life. When he came back down to earth he was the same A.J. we've seen in Miami: a quarterback who makes bad decisions. Plain and simple. New England is no more vulnerable now than they were last week when they put up 56. It's the same team.
    Exactly. There offense was still impressive, even though the line showed some weaknesses that hadn't been exposed before. I'll somewhat agree with the post-game comments that Philly has given a blueprint for what can beat the Pats, but duh guys, getting pressure on the QB and consistently completing short-to-medium passes over the middle is kinda the recipe for beating like every team in the league. They made it sound like Philly was the first team that actually considered blitzing them this season.

Can we avoid all the discussion about "this shows the Pats are vulnerable"?
    I wouldn't go quite as far as saying that this makes the Pats vulnerable, but lots of coaches will be combing through that game tape trying to imitate the pressure defense and opening up the passing game like Feeley did. It could make a difference in the playoffs, but no team on their remaining schedule has the talent to play them this tough. That includes the Steelers. This team will go 16-0.

I still wonder if they'll sit Brady/Moss etc at the end of the year considering they'll probably clinch a playoff spot next week or so.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I still wonder if they'll sit Brady/Moss etc at the end of the year considering they'll probably clinch a playoff spot next week or so.
    Don't you mean they'll probably clinch a playoff spot before they play last night?
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Quote Quoting Gizmo (view post)
    Don't you mean they'll probably clinch a playoff spot before they play last night?
    Did they already? Wow.

Well, they'll clinch home-field advantage by Week 14 most likely.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Did they already? Wow.

Well, they'll clinch home-field advantage by Week 14 most likely.
    yep... Buffalo's loss did it before they even took the field. Home-field is a week or 2 away.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Director
    Sean Taylor shot

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3127928

Umm... not all that surprising I guess.

In the groin, huh? That's probably not where I would choose to get shot.

Quote Quoting Antoine (view post)
    In the groin, huh? That's probably not where I would choose to get shot.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I'm not sure I could be less surprised about an athlete being shot. Maybe Stephen Jackson. Or Ricky Manning Jr.

I'm not sure I could be less surprised about an athlete being shot. Maybe Stephen Jackson. Or Ricky Manning Jr.
    Pacman Jones.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Pacman Jones.
    Nah, it'd just be someone from his "entourage". He's a coward.

Nah, it'd just be someone from his "entourage". He's a coward.
    True.

Of course, Darrent Williams was someone that we never would have thought of as someone getting shot, and it happened last year in an area that I frequently walk through in Denver.

I guess it could happen to anyone.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 9 of 522 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast