Page 471 of 522 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,775 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

That is jawdropping.

Most of the WYTS articles are funny. The Bears one was hilarious.

Roam free, Andrew Luck. Roam free.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

After I read that article, I thought about all of the teams that have won/and or made a Super Bowl since the Cowboys last went. Hell even Tampa Bay and Arizona made appearances, and the Panthers managed to go twice.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Yet there are pundits that peg them to go every single year. I snort.
    Last edited by Skitch; 08-31-2019 at 05:07 PM.

That Chargers video is extremely well-made from a technical standpoint. I didn't finish it, though, because the entire argument seems to operate under the assumption that special teams shouldn't matter. I'm not some kind of special teams apologist or anything, but it's a lot to assume your audience would generally agree with that to the point they'll sit through an explanation of an entire season's-worth of special teams foibles--all with the implication that it's "lesser" football and the 2010 Chargers were actually "one of the best teams of the superbowl era." Seems to me they were only two-thirds good, and I can only assume those guys are bitter Chargers fans.

Yeah thats true, if they're so good why don't they have rings? Every other team has the same plus or minus of special teams too, so deal with it. If you're missing a full third of your game theres almost no way to win.
    Last edited by Skitch; 08-31-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    the entire argument seems to operate under the assumption that special teams shouldn't matter.
    I think it's operating under the exact opposite.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I think it's operating under the exact opposite.
    Hmmm... Not sure I understand. Are you saying they think special teams should matter more than they do?

Hmmm... Not sure I understand. Are you saying they think special teams should matter more than they do?
    More like don't underestimate ST's role.

I mean, you didn't finish the video so I'm not surprised you don't understand the point.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Yeah while both the guys say the don't like special teams, the point seems to go if you ignore that part of the game it doesn't matter if you have the best offense and defense.

Edit: I watched about 2/3rds of the video.

Then instead of "2010 Chargers -- a modern tragedy," the video should be called something like "2010 Chargers -- never underestimate special teams," and they shouldn't spend the most crucial part of a youtube video (the beginning) talking about how dumb special teams are and how elite the Chargers were in the other two aspects of the game. That's the part where people, like me, are deciding whether or not to watch the entirety of a relatively long video.

They sure as shit could've sped it up. I don't even mean dropping anything, just lets gooooooo with the graphics and pauses and HURRY UP. Its great content but its edited like I'm behind that old fucker going 40 in a 55.

Then instead of "2010 Chargers -- a modern tragedy," the video should be called something like "2010 Chargers -- never underestimate special teams," and they shouldn't spend the most crucial part of a youtube video (the beginning) talking about how dumb special teams are and how elite the Chargers were in the other two aspects of the game. That's the part where people, like me, are deciding whether or not to watch the entirety of a relatively long video.
    Are you a closeted Chargers fan or something?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Are you a closeted Chargers fan or something?
    Ha no. I guess I get easily annoyed on the subject of "athletic justice." My home town thinks it's a college football town but hasn't been relevant in twenty years. Can't tell you how many passionate pleas I've heard detailing what would've happened if this were that way or if this thing had or hadn't happened. And that video comes off that way to me. I don't mean to shit on it--in many ways it is excellent.

I mostly skimmed the Chargers one. They deserved to get blown out by the Pats because they moved to LA.

As for the Chiefs, they couldn't beat the Rams in the regular season. I doubt they would have done it in the Super Bowl, but I hate what ifs. On to the next sad playoff failure! Go Chiefs.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

The Saints one is hilarious. GUMBO GUMBO GUMBO. Also I hate their chant and I was glad when Alex Smith carved them up in the playoffs Joe Montana style years ago.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I'm in!

Just picked Davante Adams, Adam Jones, and Aaron Rodgers in fantasy... Those Packers better score!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter