Page 465 of 522 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,625 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting PURPLE (view post)
    Why? $50,000 for his talent and $19,950,000 for advertising is probably a fair price.

The USFL made Herschell Walker the highest paid player in professional football when they signed him. Was that because they could actually afford to pay other players a comparable rate? Not a chance. They paid him that because they were buying the right to be called a professional football league instead of a semi-professional football league. It's the same principle.
    It's a tactic that he knows the AAF can't afford. They've already needed help to get cash to pay for players and their benefits.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    It's a tactic that he knows the AAF can't afford. They've already needed help to get cash to pay for players and their benefits.
    Wait, weren't you just saying that Kap can't throw because of his shoulder surgery? And now you're saying he's too good for AAF to afford him? What happened to the conspiracy theory?

Wait, weren't you just saying that Kap can't throw because of his shoulder surgery? And now you're saying he's too good for AAF to afford him? What happened to the conspiracy theory?
    He made an impossible contract scenario so that he didn't have to play.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

He made an impossible contract scenario so that he didn't have to play.
    I mean, he got like 60-80 million for not playing in the NFL, so his standards should be pretty high. This still doesn't refute the fact that you said he couldn't throw but there is actual video on the internet that proves that he can throw still, though, right?

I mean, he got like 60-80 million for not playing in the NFL, so his standards should be pretty high. This still doesn't refute the fact that you said he couldn't throw but there is actual video on the internet that proves that he can throw still, though, right?
    Playing catch essentially. Certainly not at a competitive level. His "workouts" have all been closed off to NFL scouts and media.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Kaep is good, but the AAF can't afford his demands. Tebow would be a better choice but he is playimg baseball.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Welp, the Steelers got fleeced. Fuck Antonio Brown's ridiculous blonde mustache.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    They sure did. They'll be lucky to win 8 games next year.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

They had Juju and Conner do well. They'll figure it out. Biggest pain is the salary cap hit from Antonio that they eat next season.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I looooooove it all. Glad Buffalo deal fell through.

They had Juju and Conner do well. They'll figure it out. Biggest pain is the salary cap hit from Antonio that they eat next season.
    And the defense. Unless they get super injured, they should still be able to win 8+, but yeah, the playoffs are not a sure thing.

And they still have Ben (that untacklable brick shit house mother fucker )

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    And they still have Ben (that untacklable brick shit house mother fucker )
    Exactly. As good as AB is (and he's the best), with Roethlisberger there, the still very good line and a few decent weapons (which they have with JuJu and Conner), they should still be conceivably a top 10-calliber offense (specially if they can get between James Washington, a draft pick and/or a FA a receiver to complement Smith-Schuster).

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    Exactly. As good as AB is (and he's the best), with Roethlisberger there, the still very good line and a few decent weapons (which they have with JuJu and Conner), they should still be conceivably a top 10-calliber offense (specially if they can get between James Washington, a draft pick and/or a FA a receiver to complement Smith-Schuster).
    Its one the most infuriating things about being a rival of that team...they lose major weapons and we get excited and some unheardofs pop up and play their shorts off. Thats coaching and pro leadership players in the locker room making rooks step up. We comin', tho. I keep saying Ben can't play forever but every damn week that big fucker slides off more sure tackles than the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy.

Its one the most infuriating things about being a rival of that team...they lose major weapons and we get excited and some unheardofs pop up and play their shorts off. Thats coaching and pro leadership players in the locker room making rooks step up. We comin', tho. I keep saying Ben can't play forever but every damn week that big fucker slides off more sure tackles than the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy.
    Yeah, that's why I don't lose hope. But as you said, the Browns are not the same ol' Browns. If anything, the division will remain fun to watch.

Steelers can probably have a shot at drafting DK Metcalf who would be a freak on the other side of Juju.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Steelers can probably have a shot at drafting DK Metcalf who would be a freak on the other side of Juju.
    If they decide to, since they still have big holes at the CB and LB spots.

The Raiders still lack a consistent run game and their defense makes KC's look good.

I will miss Houston btw, but he was 30 and cost too much.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

*heavy breathing*

*heavy breathing*
    Enjoy Richardson... Oh, and enjoy Odell, too. Just make sure he doesn't piss off any kicker practice nets.

I'm glad Barr ended up staying with the Vikes.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Under Pat Shurmer I was attacking inanimate objects as well.

Cleveland's offense is stacked.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Yey Honey Badger.

Also Scar I didn't think Barr would want to leave a potential playoff team for the Jets. Free agency has been nuts this year.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Free agency has been nuts. For the first time in forever, the Browns are not football Siberia. Handful of other teams are. Its a bizarre feeling...this lack of hopelessness...

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Free agency has been nuts. For the first time in forever, the Browns are not football Siberia. Handful of other teams are.
    Taken on Monday in Barbados.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?