Page 410 of 522 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast
Results 10,226 to 10,250 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Also Skitch McCown isn't a bad choice at QB. That said maybe the Browns will have a good draft. Or not (sorry dude but it's Cleveland).
    They let a 10-6 guy walk for a guy who went 1-10 last year.

Director
    This is the best.

http://deadspin.com/antrel-rolle-sig...sag-1691309608
    I just asked God—it was Sunday night before I was going to sleep—I just asked him, "God, I pray that you just give me a level head. I pray that you just give me a sign to lead me in the right direction, and I'll follow your lead."

It was Monday morning at 4:33 a.m. I never wake up in the middle of the night, and it was 4:33 Monday morning, and I got an email to my phone. And the email said, "Orbitz alert: flights to Chicago, discount fair." And I'm like, "wow," you know what I mean?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Pats sign. Scott Chandler. Not that we needed two Gronks but sure, we'll take it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Bills got Percy Harvin

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    They let a 10-6 guy walk for a guy who went 1-10 last year.
    Okay so not a good idea. But hey the Browns might sign Bows.

God I feel bad for Browns fans. I don't know how you do it Skitch. And I'm a Chiefs fan.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Real Brows fan is one angry mofo...I emotionally divorced in '96 when they left and shifted to nearest non-division Redskins. Real Browns fan says I'm not a true fan, but they forget what it was like to have no football in this town. No one knew they were coming back. Such a thing never happened before. So I claim dual-fanship and stay chill about it. A lot of Browns fans still root for Baltimore because that was the Browns.

Director
    Chris Borland retires after his phenomenal rookie season due to concerns over head trauma. Good for him but not something you see every day. He was going to be great. Another tough loss for the 49ers.

Hey I have two teams myself. I don't judge.

And yeah the 49ers are royally screwed.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Troy Polamalu retires. Sad to see a player like him go.

First-ballot HOF, IMHO.

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    First-ballot HOF, IMHO.
    Oh, definitely. As much as I hate the Steelers, it was always a clinic when he was on the field, and he was a class act.

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    Troy Polamalu retires. Sad to see a player like him go.

First-ballot HOF, IMHO.
    Seems a bit early... what were his reasons?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Seems a bit early... what were his reasons?
    He said he wanted to spend more time with his children, that and some church-related shit.
    It was also worth noting that if he didn't retire, the Steelers were going to release him and the guy didn't see himself playing with another team.

Elite player for a few years, hurt too much the other years.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

He's going to be in some daily pain in ten years or so.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Director
    For the time being anyways MCI Cedar Junction is like a mile from Gillette Stadium. He's going to be transferred to a maximum security facility eventually.

Yup. He may even go to Rhode Island because it's such a high profile case.

Crazy that I used to love this guy. Such a weird feeling.

Wells Report on DeflateGate is out.

letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Biggest bunch of bullshit ever coming out of the NFL? Probably- "More probable than not" with no evidence and "generally aware" but the way they word it is indicting the Patriots of wrongdoing.

What a crock of shit. There's either a YES or a NO or Not enough evidence. Not some general opinion on the matter.

I probably would have naked pictures of my wife on my cell phone, I wouldn't give it to the NFL either.

I thought deflate gate was over and Brady/Belichick were well aware of the deflated balls?

Okay, remove 14 points from the Patriots' AFC Championship. They still dominate.

Ugh. WHO CARES? This is what happens when there isn't a World Cup or an Olympics to busy reporters.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Well, the report suggests they've been doing it since at least early in the 2014 season, so it's not really just about the AFC Championship Game. The text exchanges between equipment managers are related to regular season games.

I mean, it's pretty damning for Brady. The Patriots get off, but Brady is probably looking at a significant suspension. He gave these guys shoes and autographed merchandise to deflate the balls below league regulations. If it didn't help him, then why would take such a risk?

This is what the Colts GM e-mailed to the league BEFORE the AFC Championship Game:

The texts between equipment managers basically confirm what is suspected in that e-mail.
    Last edited by DavidSeven; 05-07-2015 at 12:15 AM.
    letterboxd.

Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***

That's what i don't understand. How is it made evident that BRady was upset at the game-balls after the Jets game, because they were not under-inflated enough? Isn't it possible he was complaining they weren't INFLATED enough? And that's why the text messages said jokingly they were going to pump it up to a rugby ball/watermelon?

There's no way they can suspend him on a report that says "More probable than not" and "generally aware".

One thing we Browns fans know better than most is bad quarterback play. We are experts in it.

There is no way in hell a regulation inflated ball turns Thomas Q. Brady into a sub-superstar quarterback. My two cents.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    There's no way they can suspend him on a report that says "More probable than not" and "generally aware".
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...legal-meaning/

“More probable than not” equates to a “preponderance of the evidence,” the standard that applies in most civil lawsuits. It means that the evidence makes it more likely than not, in the opinion of the investigator, that “New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules,” and that “Tom Brady . . . was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities.”

That’s a standard perhaps even higher than the one that applies to players accused of violating the Personal Conduct Policy, where “credible corroborating evidence” (even without cooperation from the alleged victim) can result in a significant suspension. Regardless, it’s enough proof on which the NFL can base punishment of a team.
    letterboxd.

Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***