Page 3 of 522 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Cheating is fucking cheating no matter how you want to spin it.
    This is funny coming from a Pats fan.

and how shitty has Cincy been this season? I mean we've been injured, and our D was never anything to write home about but 2-6 with an offense that can't do anything but go 3 and out when we do actually have a lead, thus forcing our craptastic defense right back onto the field in tough spots. Grr... good thing I already drink during the games, otherwise I may become an alcoholic this season.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Quote Quoting Gizmo (view post)
    and how shitty has Cincy been this season? I mean we've been injured, and our D was never anything to write home about but 2-6 with an offense that can't do anything but go 3 and out when we do actually have a lead, thus forcing our craptastic defense right back onto the field in tough spots. Grr... good thing I already drink during the games, otherwise I may become an alcoholic this season.
    If Marvin Lewis isn't fired by the end of the season, I'll be completely baffled. They are one of the more selfish, undisciplined, immature teams I've had the displeasure of witnessing in my adult life, and that sort of attitude starts with the coach.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    This is funny coming from a Pats fan.
    I never denied their cheating or treated like it meant nothing. I simply believe every team likely cheats in one way or another, and the Pats are simply under more scrutiny than any other team (rightfully so).

It is unfortunate their calling out the Colts feels like a childish act by an upset franchise since it is not the first time the Colts have been charged but it is likely the first time the team calling them out receives more backlash than the Colts. The Patriots deserve some of the criticism they get, but not to the extent they have been getting it, in my admittedly biased opinion.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    I never denied their cheating or treated like it meant nothing. I simply believe every team likely cheats in one way or another, and the Pats are simply under more scrutiny than any other team (rightfully so).

It is unfortunate their calling out the Colts feels like a childish act by an upset franchise since it is not the first time the Colts have been charged but it is likely the first time the team calling them out receives more backlash than the Colts. The Patriots deserve some of the criticism they get, but not to the extent they have been getting it, in my admittedly biased opinion.
    Like I said, if they're piping in noise, it certainly isn't right, but I don't think it's any worse than the Pats leaving their field uncovered the week before a playoff game during a rainstorm so the field would be a complete wreck. That could have caused injury. It wasn't against the rules, so I guess it doesn't fall under "cheating", but like I said before, home teams are constantly trying to make their stadium a true advantage.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    If Marvin Lewis isn't fired by the end of the season, I'll be completely baffled. They are one of the more selfish, undisciplined, immature teams I've had the displeasure of witnessing in my adult life, and that sort of attitude starts with the coach.
    I agree, but Marvin's safe. Mike Brown came out in the paper saying that his job security is not in question, and since we've kept coachs around in the 90s going 2-14 every season, there's no reason to think Marv won't be around for a while as he's worked us back into mediocracy. I'm rooting for a removal of Chuck Bresnahan (the D-coord) and other related coaches who can't teach pro athletes to make tackles, or not over pursue, or not stay home, or make tackles, and perhaps teach them to tackle. Would also like to see a defensive scheme that involves more than 3 man rush, 4 man rush, or 6 man zone blitz leading to easy check downs.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

The offense is inconsistent with poor rushing and the lack of any real go-to guy outside of Houshmanzadeh. Chad Johnson has been very inconsistent, dropping at least two TD passes in the last two weeks.

With a D that never stops the other team, the imbalanced offense can't carry the load.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

Found this statement made by a member of the Bengals forum I frequent. Thought it was amusing.

We need to stay in last place!! We will have a last place schedule next year....Teams like the Raiders, , Texans, Dolphins. And the NFC east. See losing does have its advantages. Yes 08 is gonna rule!!!!!

Also, I've lost my top 2 fantasy RBs to injury now (assuming LJ is out for a while, haven't checked updates). I picked up LenDale White a week or 2 ago.... who else should be out there for the taking?
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Same complaint, same result. It's kind of strange.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    I'm not even a Patriots fan, but I'm getting a perverse pleasure out of how mad they are making people this year. Call it a character flaw.
    At times I think that way too. And before the cheating scandel broke out I actually sort of admired the Pats, and I thought that some of the haters were just jealous of them. Plus I liked it when they beat the Rams and the Panthers in the Super Bowl, two teams I strongely dislike (I laughed at the idiots who kept picking the Panthers to reach the Super Bowl during the past 5 years every season, knowing that they were going to be wrong).

In an ideal world Marvin Lewis would be fired. Bill Coher would be a good candidate to whip that bunch into shape, but I bet if he takes a coaching job next season it'll be Norv Turner's job. Even if San Diego makes the playoffs Turner will be gone by '08. Unless AJ Smith has completely lost his mind, which isn't out of the question.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    At times I think that way too. And before the cheating scandel broke out I actually sort of admired the Pats, and I thought that some of the haters were just jealous of them. Plus I liked it when they beat the Rams and the Panthers in the Super Bowl, two teams I strongely dislike (I laughed at the idiots who kept picking the Panthers to reach the Super Bowl during the past 5 years every season, knowing that they were going to be wrong).

In an ideal world Marvin Lewis would be fired. Bill Coher would be a good candidate to whip that bunch into shape, but I bet if he takes a coaching job next season it'll be Norv Turner's job. Even if San Diego makes the playoffs Turner will be gone by '08. Unless AJ Smith has completely lost his mind, which isn't out of the question.
    I hate HATE HATE Bill Cowher, but would welcome him or someone like him, to coach this team. Someone who will whip them into shape and play defense first/run first type team, those are generally the successful teams.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Director
    I picked up LenDale White a week or 2 ago.... who else should be out there for the taking?
    My league's WW has the best available RBs somewhere around the TJ Duckett/Maurice Morris level of suckitude, so if LenDale was available in yours a couple weeks ago, I'm afraid I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Name some and we can tell who might be the best pickup.

Good leagues should have had Lendale picked up weeks ago.

All that would be left is someone like Selvin Young or Maurice Hicks.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I've lost Chad Johnson in one of my fantasy leagues to his neck injury. Good thing I picked up Joe Jurevicious.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

I was surprised LenDale was there, but it was right before he started playing real well, so I think I timed it right... was mostly due to needing a 2nd starter because of byes that I even grabbed him.

Best (yards this season wise) available right now are:
    Lemont Jordan
    Derrick Ward
    Kenton Keith
    Julius Jones

I know pretty much nothing about any of them.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    And I picked up LenDale White a few weeks ago. He's kicking ass for me.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

So much for the Ravens' defense. 21-0 and the second quarter just started.

Quote Quoting rocus (view post)
    So much for the Ravens' defense. 21-0 and the second quarter just started.
    yeah... I'm up 12 points in my fantasy league with Mason/Holmes/ravens D against ward/Reed... Thankfully Holmes got the TD and not Ward, because it's looking like I may not be as safe as I had thought I may be.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

You almost just got another one.

And now you did. Wow, this is getting ugly fast.

Wow, Ben Roethlisberger is unconscious.

Five TD passes is impressive. Doing it with only 16 pass attempts is really impressive.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

So at the end of 8 weeks Adrian Peterson leads the next closest running back by 268 yards. He can pretty much sit out the next two games and still have a good chance of leading the NFL in rushing.

Director
    Best (yards this season wise) available right now are:
    Lemont Jordan
    Derrick Ward
    Kenton Keith
    Julius Jones

I know pretty much nothing about any of them.
    LaMont and Julius should both be owned.

Jordan may be losing his starting gig to Justin Fargas or at least will be sharing carries from now on and he's been slow to recover from his back injury. Jones splits playing time with Marion Barber but doesn't see the bulk of goal line carries.

Both have value but if you can only pick up one, I'd probably take Julius Jones as he's more likely to score on his offense.

I remember during the draft thinking about taking Adrian Peterson, but figuring as a rookie he would not get as much playing time as Chester Taylor, so I took the latter. I'm beginning to think it was a poor choice.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year