Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They have receivers, Alex Smith just isn't the type to let a WR dominate. He's a great game manager, but if they fall behind, good luck getting back in it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Eh none of the guys on this team are capable of stepping up at wideout. Also there were several maddening drops that could have led to either TDs or at least sustained drives. Smith is a game manager but he's capable of playing really well and making quality reads. At least Bowe showed up last night, although I wonder if that was only due to him being in trouble recently after getting arrested for smoking da reefer.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Not livid. It is what it is.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director
    It was uncatchable thanks to the INT occurring 5 yards in front of the push, but it's probably still PI. That gets called if the game was in New England.

Great game, though. Impressed with Carolina, which I hadn't expected after they so egregiously fumbled away the Bills game earlier in the season. That front seven of their defense is fantastic, though it'll be interesting to see how they respond if Charles Johnson misses any extensive time.

Detroit's cornerbacks continue to be the death of them. Not sure if that team has any chance to make the playoffs if they keep failing tackling fundamentals.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Not sure how that's not some kind of penalty, but generally the breaks go New England's way, so i'm not going to lose sleep when one goes against them.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Quote Quoting Gizmo (view post)
    Not sure how that's not some kind of penalty, but generally the breaks go New England's way, so i'm not going to lose sleep when one goes against them.
    Why does everyone say that? The tuck rule was 12 years ago. Did you not watch the final 2 minutes of the 07 super bowl? Breaks go NE way? Let's stop this misconception now please.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Why does everyone say that? The tuck rule was 12 years ago. Did you not watch the final 2 minutes of the 07 super bowl? Breaks go NE way? Let's stop this misconception now please.
    I was more refering to the game winning tackle in the backfield against the Saints this year.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    It was uncatchable thanks to the INT occurring 5 yards in front of the push, but it's probably still PI. That gets called if the game was in New England.
    This. Now please, everyone stop talking about it. (Not you guys, the entire sports world)

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Not livid. It is what it is.
    this is bill belichick's post-game conference in post form

Flacco is so damn lucky...

Oh, Detroit. Between the wide-9 being a lame defensive scheme, you oh so consistently play down to the competition. The final pick was so obviously coming that it wasn't even soul-crushing. So much offensive talent, but it's so limitedly on display.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Stafford is not a good quarterback. With this much experience, he shouldn't be making poor reads and throwing into coverage the way he does. He makes up for his poor decision making with the cannon arm and the benefit of Megatron. He's the epitome of mediocre, and so long as he's under center, the Lions will never be any better than that.

Director
    How are the Colts routinely getting smoked by mediocre teams after beating the Seahawks and Broncos?