Page 473 of 522 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,825 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Could probably be argued that this is Brady's best receiving corps he's ever had, especially when they bring Gronk back on in Week 8.
    Didn’t Gronk drop a lot of weight after he retired?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Didn’t Gronk drop a lot of weight after he retired?
    He's down forty pounds from last year I guess. He said it would take him a month to be ready again though.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Could probably be argued that this is Brady's best receiving corps he's ever had, especially when they bring Gronk back on in Week 8.
    Umm its way better than anything Brady has had before. Unless you are counting Moss as some HOF asterix player.

2007-
    WR

Moss
    Welker
    Stallworth
    Jabar Gaffney

TE
    Ben Watson

RB/FB
    Laurence Maroney
    Sammy Morris
    Kevin Faulk
    Heath Evans

2019-
    WR
    Brown
    Edelman
    Gordon
    Demaryius Thomas
    Phillip Dorsett

TE
    Ben Watson

RB/FB
    Sony Michel
    James White
    Rex Burkhead
    Brandon Bolden
    James Develin
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

If Gronk is smart he stays retired, but yeah him coming back is always likely.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

He's down forty pounds from last year I guess. He said it would take him a month to be ready again though.
    Looks pretty good to me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2K1robBUb-/

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Too skinny to be a TE right now, but could probably just be a WR.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Too skinny to be a TE right now, but could probably just be a WR.
    I mean, Tony Gonzales comes to mind. And Aaron Hernandez wasn't beefy like Gronk either and he sometimes lined up in the backfield. So Not sure where you're getting he's too skinny to be a TE from.

Plus he does the TB12 method exclusively know. More pliability and less muscle density.

I mean, Tony Gonzales comes to mind. And Aaron Hernandez wasn't beefy like Gronk either and he sometimes lined up in the backfield. So Not sure where you're getting he's too skinny to be a TE from.

Plus he does the TB12 method exclusively know. More pliability and less muscle density.
    He's Tom Brady-sized (literally, reportedly around 220 compared to his nfl usual 260) right now and would get wrecked when it came time to block.

Tony Gonzales and Aaron Hernandez were both around 245. Hernandez was definitely shorter compared to most TEs. Don't know how he did in blocking, but I know Gronk was exceptional at it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

AB is up to his neck in sexual assault accusations but the NFL probably will only go after him in the off season after he helps NE win another SB.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    AB is up to his neck in sexual assault accusations but the NFL probably will only go after him in the off season after he helps NE win another SB.
    Because the NFL always helps out the Pats? I guess you forgot everything involved Deflategate where Tom Brady received a the same suspension as players who beat their wifes and break the jaw of teammates.

Because the NFL always helps out the Pats? I guess you forgot everything involved Deflategate where Tom Brady received a the same suspension as players who beat their wifes and break the jaw of teammates.
    I think it's more because they tend to sweep under the rug anything involving star players like Ray Lewis' murder charges, Peyton Manning's sexual harassment accusations, Adrian Peterson harming his son or Big Ben being a rapist.

What Fry said. Also Duke many including myself thought it was stupid that Brady got 4 games. Btw that season Brady was suspended the Pats still went to the Super Bowl anyways.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    I think it's more because they tend to sweep under the rug anything involving star players like Ray Lewis' murder charges, Peyton Manning's sexual harassment accusations, Adrian Peterson harming his son or Big Ben being a rapist.
    LOL Wut? Peterson was suspended for a whole season, the Manning thing happened before he was even in the NFL and Ray Lewis took a plea deal so the charges were dropped. That seems be consistent with how things go in the NFL.

Next you're going to tell me the NFL went easy on Michael Vick by letting him back into the league.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Also Duke many including myself thought it was stupid that Brady got 4 games.
    I was vocal in this thread about that.

Was wondering if I made it up in my head about Adrian Peterson being suspended for a season on how he disciplined his child.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Was wondering if I made it up in my head about Adrian Peterson being suspended for a season on how he disciplined his child.
    Well, technically, it wasn’t the WHOLE season. He played, what, one game?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I guess technically he was only "suspended" for 7 games but he was previously on the Restricted List for the previous 10, so that's basically a season.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Well, technically, it wasn’t the WHOLE season. He played, what, one game?
    Yeh Week 1. RL for 10 weeks. Suspended the remainder.

And, random question. I’ve got both Dak Prescott and Cam Newton on my work FFL team (only eight teams). Yahoo is estimating can will get 21.3 points vs Dak’s 19.2 this week. I still think Dak is a safer play. Thoughts?

Cam is bad. Play Dak.

Cam is bad. Play Dak.
    I would lean Dak but both depends on who they facing.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I would lean Dak but both depends on who they facing.
    Dak - Washington
    Cam - Tampa Bay

Dak

Would've gone Dak. Think he's going to have a breakout season and Cam is on the decline.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yep, went with Dak.

Smart move. I went with Carolina's kicker tonight wahoo.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular