Page 433 of 522 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,825 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So the Pats are retooling like it's 2007.

Where's Shaun?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Aaron Hernandez hung himself.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Good riddance. I had three people text me within 30 seconds this morning.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

So how did everyone's team do in the draft? Here's what the Pats draft looked like with zero picks.

I'm pretty happy with the Browns draft for the most part. Still don't like trading down at 12, but rumor has it they went down to swipe a player the Steelers wanted, and then back up in front to swipe another they wanted. If so, thats a win. Didn't know much of Kiser before the draft, looking at his numbers afterward, I like what I see. Big guy, from here, could have real potential. Defense and o-line got a good bump up it desperately needed. If Browns manage to win 7-8 games this year, this regime might actually be around to use next years draft picks.

Broncos drafting a troubled 25 year old with their first round pick instead of the best inside linebacker is going to come back at some point.

Some of their picks afterwards are intriguing at least. I think they're at the end of their run.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    As a Packers fan, it's going to be fun to watch the Bears try to play football this season.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

My neighbor is a Bears fan. Ive had a lot of fun poking him this draft.

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    As a Packers fan, it's going to be fun to watch the Bears try to play football this season.
    Didn't you guys draft three RBs in a row?

Since Teddy B may not play this year, I'm content with the Vikings first round pick of Sam Bradford. If Cook stays out of trouble, he'll have been a steal. Hopefully that's not too big of an IF. The center seems like a decent pick too.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Didn't you guys draft three RBs in a row?
    We picked three, but not in a row. Still, you're correct that our backfield has major question marks. It's the one thing that worries me going into the season.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Especially wasting draft picks on RBs. What is this 2003?

Did the Vikings beef up their offensive line? Otherwise drafting the best running back will be for naught.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Especially wasting draft picks on RBs. What is this 2003?
    They've already waived Christine Michael and Don Barkley though, so it seems it will be Ty Montgomery and the rookies.

About the Steelers draft... kind of a mixed bag. Loved the selection of T. J. Watt and the two corners, the first because Watt is still young and has a lot of upside and the others because despite the flurry in the first three rounds at the position they were still able to bring good guys. Cam Sutton will most likely be the starting nickel and be an upgrade over the old William Gay (plus he can actually play man coverage) while Brian Allen is a 6'3 guy who ran a 4.47 40. For a fifth rounder that's great and could be a steal down the road. Plus, big needs there.

About the rest of the draft... I'm fine with James Conner even if he was a reach. Good kid, good football player, can catch. Plus LeVeon needed a credible backup.

The other picks, I have my issues: Josh Dobbs seems very smart and all, but I'm not a fan of taking a QB just to serve as a career backup (and Dobbs right now seems only that) when they already had a decent one with Landry Jones.
    JuJu Smith-Schuster... the kid has talent, is very young and has upside... but the Steelers were already stacked at WR (before he arrived, they arguably had the best and deepest receiving corps in the league). Not a fan of luxury picks when they could've gone with a corner, a safety or a TE (specially with how deep and talented this draft was at that position).
    They also drafted a long snapper. Fuck that.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Did the Vikings beef up their offensive line? Otherwise drafting the best running back will be for naught.
    They got a new center who will most likely start right away.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Just that center. Granted, everyone and their mother got injured on the O Line last year.

The hilarious existential pain of being a Jets' fan.

Let’s not forget we can blame the Jets for delivering the GOAT to the world. If it hadn’t been for Mo Lewis caving in lead footed Drew Bledsoe’s chest cavity, there’s a chance Brady’s career never takes off they way it did. With no Brady Super Bowl win, Bledsoe could have easily played in NE for a few more seasons while TB12 toiled on the bench with Rohan Davey. That is until Brady is dumped in 2005 after the Pats draft another late round project QB named Matt Cassel.

Source: Why Your Team Sucks 2017: New York Jets

This literally no team in the league that will stop the Pats this year. The entire league is dogshit. I mean that in the most honest, non-arrogant way possible.

The Pats could get in their own way. It happens.

The rest of the league is in transition, for sure. Older QBs on way out, and rookies haven't figured it out yet.

This literally no team in the league that will stop the Pats this year. The entire league is dogshit. I mean that in the most honest, non-arrogant way possible.
    Your quarterback is 40.

That's all I got.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Your quarterback is 40.

That's all I got.
    Funny how the NFL blames Kaepernick for it's sinking ratings and not the fact that there's hardly any actual competition when it's all said and done.

It comes down to who will the Patriots face in the AFC, and then in the Superbowl.

Raiders/Cowboys/Packers/Steelers/Seahawks....

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Broncos going to get toasted this year by the way. The front office doesn't want to admit that Paxton Lynch is going to end up a bust, and Trevor Siemien is a 2nd String QB for life.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Maybe a healthy/suspension free Steelers or the Raiders if Marshawn still has his wheels. Outside of them, maybe Atlanta.

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    Maybe a healthy/suspension free Steelers or the Raiders if Marshawn still has his wheels. Outside of them, maybe Atlanta.
    Atlanta? We murdered them last Feb. They area dead. Deceased. Not living. They are questioning their own existence just like the Cardinals.