Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Give me a break, guys. The Pats aren't the first to mention this about the Colts and what does it matter who won the game? Cheating is fucking cheating no matter how you want to spin it.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Give me a break, guys. The Pats aren't the first to mention this about the Colts and what does it matter who won the game? Cheating is fucking cheating no matter how you want to spin it.
    I agree with this. Hell I'd still agree with it if one of my favorite teams was caught cheating.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

It's just football guys. No reason to get that upset about something so trivial.

Quote Quoting rocus (view post)
    It's just football guys. No reason to get that upset about something so trivial.
    Who's upset? I use the 'f' word for oomph, not anger.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

I'm mad that the Vikings are doing somewhat better than expected.

This means that Childress will still be the coach next year.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

I'm not even a Patriots fan, but I'm getting a perverse pleasure out of how mad they are making people this year. Call it a character flaw.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    I'm not even a Patriots fan, but I'm getting a perverse pleasure out of how mad they are making people this year. Call it a character flaw.
    At times I think that way too. And before the cheating scandel broke out I actually sort of admired the Pats, and I thought that some of the haters were just jealous of them. Plus I liked it when they beat the Rams and the Panthers in the Super Bowl, two teams I strongely dislike (I laughed at the idiots who kept picking the Panthers to reach the Super Bowl during the past 5 years every season, knowing that they were going to be wrong).

In an ideal world Marvin Lewis would be fired. Bill Coher would be a good candidate to whip that bunch into shape, but I bet if he takes a coaching job next season it'll be Norv Turner's job. Even if San Diego makes the playoffs Turner will be gone by '08. Unless AJ Smith has completely lost his mind, which isn't out of the question.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Who's upset? I use the 'f' word for oomph, not anger.
    Sorry, then. It just seemed the the "f" word was flying pretty fast and free. I know you feel like the Pats have been under attack lately. I guess that's the price of success.

and how shitty has Cincy been this season? I mean we've been injured, and our D was never anything to write home about but 2-6 with an offense that can't do anything but go 3 and out when we do actually have a lead, thus forcing our craptastic defense right back onto the field in tough spots. Grr... good thing I already drink during the games, otherwise I may become an alcoholic this season.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Gizmo (view post)
    and how shitty has Cincy been this season? I mean we've been injured, and our D was never anything to write home about but 2-6 with an offense that can't do anything but go 3 and out when we do actually have a lead, thus forcing our craptastic defense right back onto the field in tough spots. Grr... good thing I already drink during the games, otherwise I may become an alcoholic this season.
    If Marvin Lewis isn't fired by the end of the season, I'll be completely baffled. They are one of the more selfish, undisciplined, immature teams I've had the displeasure of witnessing in my adult life, and that sort of attitude starts with the coach.

Cheating is fucking cheating no matter how you want to spin it.
    This is funny coming from a Pats fan.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    This is funny coming from a Pats fan.
    I never denied their cheating or treated like it meant nothing. I simply believe every team likely cheats in one way or another, and the Pats are simply under more scrutiny than any other team (rightfully so).

It is unfortunate their calling out the Colts feels like a childish act by an upset franchise since it is not the first time the Colts have been charged but it is likely the first time the team calling them out receives more backlash than the Colts. The Patriots deserve some of the criticism they get, but not to the extent they have been getting it, in my admittedly biased opinion.
    Recently Viewed:
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½

Films By Year

I never denied their cheating or treated like it meant nothing. I simply believe every team likely cheats in one way or another, and the Pats are simply under more scrutiny than any other team (rightfully so).

It is unfortunate their calling out the Colts feels like a childish act by an upset franchise since it is not the first time the Colts have been charged but it is likely the first time the team calling them out receives more backlash than the Colts. The Patriots deserve some of the criticism they get, but not to the extent they have been getting it, in my admittedly biased opinion.
    Like I said, if they're piping in noise, it certainly isn't right, but I don't think it's any worse than the Pats leaving their field uncovered the week before a playoff game during a rainstorm so the field would be a complete wreck. That could have caused injury. It wasn't against the rules, so I guess it doesn't fall under "cheating", but like I said before, home teams are constantly trying to make their stadium a true advantage.