Page 470 of 522 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520 ... LastLast
Results 11,726 to 11,750 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

The past WYTS articles is why I picked the Titans to go 9-7. It is their standard record.

Also fuck the Steelers. However thanks to them and the Titans the Chiefs traded Alex Smith and drafted Patrick Mahomes. Yey, I guess?

Jim:

They got fleeced on the Antonio trade by Jon freaking Gruden. That’s like the US losing a ground war against the KISS Army.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Also the Dolphins have been mostly middle of the road, although this season gives them the chance to tank for a good QB. Will they screw it up? Probably.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

That last part is both sad and funny.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Yahoo FF Draft results:

QBs: Rodgers, Allen, Stafford, Rosen (you can start two QBs in this league)
    RBs: Mack, Henry, Murray, Davis, Peterson
    WRs: Robby Anderson, Mike Williams, Jeffery, Washington (Pitt), Brown (Balt)-you can start 3 WRs
    TEs: Kittle, Njoku
    Defenses (way too many bench spots haha): Seattle, Atlanta

No kickers because kickers are lame. Rodgers and Kittle were keepers btw.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Do I feel dirty that KC is trying use Frank Clark to win a Super Bowl? Yes. But I would like to see the Chiefs do it once before I fuck off and die.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

How many times will double doink be said in their nationally televised games?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Okay ya'll, I'll admit I haven't read this guy doing this schtick year after year, but just examining his "comedy" game this round, he seems like the absolute worst unfunny edgelord this side of chan10reddit fuckoffs. Even for the teams I hate he made me want to point out the inaccuracies.

Oh lighten up, hes just being funny!

No, no hes not. When you get so many facts wrong, it ceases to be satire.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Can't wait to see how many deflate jokes, cheating jokes and murder jokes they write about a team that has been to the super bowl 4 out of the last 5 years.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Whew, Browns dodged a bomb there. There was serious talk of trading the farm to get up to 1 to get Luck.

For any cord cutters out there (or anyone with a computer), PlutoTV added a new channel called NFL Rewind. Nonstop NFL games with all the extra cut out. Just plays. Pretty sweet.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Whew, Browns dodged a bomb there. There was serious talk of trading the farm to get up to 1 to get Luck.

For any cord cutters out there (or anyone with a computer), PlutoTV added a new channel called NFL Rewind. Nonstop NFL games with all the extra cut out. Just plays. Pretty sweet.
    Seeing how bad they were throughout Luck's career, I wouldn't say you dodged a bomb there (unless you were being sarcastic). It's actually commendable how succesful Luck was despite all the years of bad coaching, horrible management (thanks Ryan Grigson) and playing with an awful line. I'm not sure how he would've fared in a team even more disfunctional and in a tougher division, but he would've made the Browns at least more respectable and it would've been interesting to see if he would've been healthier there since the Browns, despite being bad, had some fairly decent lines or at least better ones than the Colts prior to the Ballard era.
    Last edited by Philip J. Fry; 08-25-2019 at 02:30 AM.

We were so bad in every single other faction he wouldve been even worse here. I'm not saying we were better off without him, just that he wasn't a sure thing. We sure sucked during his career, but he didn't do shit for the Colts in that time either. He contributed to the Colts being in a 7 year spin cycle, going nowhere, being just good enough to avoid good draft picks and just bad enough to make no playoff threat.

I'm just saying trading our entire draft for him would have been disastrous, and that all the pundits that put the Colts in the Superbowl because "they have Luck" are the same morons that called Romo "elite" for years.

Which is worse? To be terrible, or to be just mediocre+ to make some playoffs but never go anywhere?

As bad as mediocrity is, I would've preferred that to 0-31

1-31 lol

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    Holy Shit!!

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Seeing how bad they were throughout Luck's career, I wouldn't say you dodged a bomb there (unless you were being sarcastic). It's actually commendable how succesful Luck was despite all the years of bad coaching, horrible management (thanks Ryan Grigson) and playing with an awful line. I'm not sure how he would've fared in a team even more disfunctional and in a tougher division, but he would've made the Browns at least more respectable and it would've been interesting to see if he would've been healthier there since the Browns, despite being bad, had some fairly decent lines or at least better ones than the Colts prior to the Ballard era.
    They made the playoffs with him a couple of times, including his first year in the league. How many times did the Browns make the playoffs in that timespan?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    They made the playoffs with him a couple of times, including his first year in the league. How many times did the Browns make the playoffs in that timespan?
    They even made it to the AFC Championship game with a modest roster.
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    1-31 lol
    Sorry, typo.

Now I feel bad for Rivers.

Now I feel bad for Rivers.
    Incredible video.