Page 407 of 522 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

I'm glad Pats won. Suck it, Carroll.

Worst playcall in NFL history, and I watched Andy Reid coach for 14 years.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Holy admission Batman. Denver lost to the Colts because they were scared of playing New England.

"Demaryius Thomas joined Mike Florio on PFT Live to talk about Gary Kubiak, John Fox, Peyton Manning, and all that stuff. But he started with a bombshell about Denver’s season-ending loss to the Indianapolis Colts. It was one he struggled to say. He said Denver’s injuries had the most to do with the team’s struggles in the postseason. He said a lot of guys were playing through a lot of bumps and bruises that maybe weren’t well-known at the time. “It’s hard to point out anything else,” Thomas said. Then he paused. It was clear he wanted to say something more, but wasn’t sure he should say it. He stumbled through it. “I feel like some guys,” he said, pausing again, “didn’t have the fight or whatever it was. It was totally a different team than last year (2013). I think we had more talent this year, but there was a little more fight in that team last year.” Thomas also said that he and his teammates were guilty of looking over Indianapolis, who beat the Broncos 24-13 in Denver, the only home loss of the season. “I think one thing is guys kind of look over the Colts. We had guys talking, the night before the game, ‘I don’t want to go to New England and play New England.’ I think that was one of the big things.”"

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...cos-colts-2015
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

“What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Do you guys want to help pick my avatar for the next year? It's only fair since you'll be the ones staring at it. I was thinking this:

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Or this

Very eerie.

Manziel in rehab? Is he going to be BRown on March 1st?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Manziel in rehab? Is he going to be BRown on March 1st?
    Who cares. I always said he's a nobody punk, and he hasn't done one fucking thing to change my mind.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Holy admission Batman. Denver lost to the Colts because they were scared of playing New England.

"Demaryius Thomas joined Mike Florio on PFT Live to talk about Gary Kubiak, John Fox, Peyton Manning, and all that stuff. But he started with a bombshell about Denver’s season-ending loss to the Indianapolis Colts. It was one he struggled to say. He said Denver’s injuries had the most to do with the team’s struggles in the postseason. He said a lot of guys were playing through a lot of bumps and bruises that maybe weren’t well-known at the time. “It’s hard to point out anything else,” Thomas said. Then he paused. It was clear he wanted to say something more, but wasn’t sure he should say it. He stumbled through it. “I feel like some guys,” he said, pausing again, “didn’t have the fight or whatever it was. It was totally a different team than last year (2013). I think we had more talent this year, but there was a little more fight in that team last year.” Thomas also said that he and his teammates were guilty of looking over Indianapolis, who beat the Broncos 24-13 in Denver, the only home loss of the season. “I think one thing is guys kind of look over the Colts. We had guys talking, the night before the game, ‘I don’t want to go to New England and play New England.’ I think that was one of the big things.”"

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...cos-colts-2015
    Yeah, I'm thinking Peyton is going to retire, and the Broncos will be in trouble for at least 2-3 years.

The loss at St. Louis is the exact moment when the team went from a NFL juggernaut of a team, to a team with a ridiculous amount of talent that coasts it.

They only scored 30+ twice after that game. Before that game, they did it six times.

I'd have to backtrack to when I started dropping them in my rankings. My brain saw it happening, but I wouldn't believe it at the time.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

A good question is...how long is Brady going to remain in NE? Bill has an uncanny talent for dumping all stars the second they've peaked.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    A good question is...how long is Brady going to remain in NE? Bill has an uncanny talent for dumping all stars the second they've peaked.
    C'mon. He'll retire a Patriot.

Director
    Football is fun and that was a fun game to watch.

Happy for Revis; PatsFans who talk about deserving this can go fuck themselves.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Football is fun and that was a fun game to watch.

Happy for Revis; PatsFans who talk about deserving this can go fuck themselves.
    I now admit, the awesomness of Revis. Seeing it first hand during an entire season. (A veteran should have recognized that pick though)

I hope the Pats figure out something for him in 2015.

Director
    It'll be in interesting to see what happens with him. To me it looks like this was his Deion in San Francisco year.

Few things of note...
    -His contract was specifically set up for maximum leverage. There's no chance the Pats commit a $25m cap hit to a CB next year so they'll have to either negotiate or release him.
    -He had an All Pro year and won a Super Bowl. Can't get much more "Bet on Myself" ammunition than that.
    -Everything in his history suggests he'll want top of the market value. He's in the Revis business. The Pats are probably not going to put out the highest bid because they won't want to pay him more than Tom Brady.
    @AdamSchefter
    Jets are expected to pursue free-agent-to-be CB Darrelle Revis to see if they can bring him back to New York, per sources.
    Not just Jets interested in Darrelle Revis; Rex Ryan will try to lure the free-agent-to-be CB to Buffalo as well. AFC East in on Revis.
    -This is standard MO for his agents but they're already floating rumors to the press about the Jets and Bills going after him. Not a coincidence that the two teams are AFCe. This is his agents digging in and trying to get the Pats to pay market value.

All things being equal I'm sure he'd like to return to the Pats but there are a lot of teams with a lot of money to spend this offseason. I'd love him back with the Jets. We have money and need at the position. I hold no ill will towards him either. Idzik traded him and we got Sheldon Richardson with the pick. Not a bad deal.

There was a report a few weeks ago coming out of the Pats that with Brady aging, and the team recognizing how valuable a corner like Revis is, they may just end up paying him.

The Pats saved a lot of money this year, and I would love for them to Pay Revis. I think he's 101% worth the money. More than Brady even at this point in his career. Brady couldn't care any less about money. He makes plenty and has a wife that brings home more than him anyway.

Great game despite how it ended. Awful call.

Didn't Brady take a paycut so they could get better players?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Didn't Brady take a paycut so they could get better players?
    He's restructured his contract three times.

Director

I like that he doesn't really get any criticism for his lifestyle.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I like Gronk. Plus he's a former Arizona player so hell yeah.

It's weird that the Super Bowl didn't feature any fumbles.