Page 12 of 522 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Director
    Based on recent form alone, I'm taking Cincinnati getting 7 points in Pittsburgh this weekend.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Alright, for my fantasy team:

Carson Palmer vs PIT or Kurt Warner vs CLE?
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Director
    I'd wait until close to game time but as of now I'd probably start Warner.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Based on recent form alone, I'm taking Cincinnati getting 7 points in Pittsburgh this weekend.
    I think they'll at least score 10 or 15.

I'd start Warner as well, although Palmer hasn't done too bad against Pitt. Either one is a good choice, although Palmer is less likely to fumble the ball.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Cleveland will give up the yards more than Pit, but isn't Warner still in a rotation type thing?
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Director
    Quote Quoting Gizmo (view post)
    Cleveland will give up the yards more than Pit, but isn't Warner still in a rotation type thing?
    Nah. Uncontested starter since mid October when Leinart got injured and they realized Tim Rattay sucks. Warner's been pretty great the past 3 games.

Aye, Warner's actually been playing more like his old self lately. But the Cardinals defense has been pretty weak, which favors Cleveland. Neither team has a good defense although the Browns' defense does often get turnovers. In a way they remind me of the Cincy's defense when they made the playoffs and won the division.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Brett Favre will be healthy by the Oakland game, according to ESPNews.

Me and Packer Nation can breathe a sigh of relief.

And who other than me doesn't think that the Browns are for real?
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Brett Favre will be healthy by the Oakland game, according to ESPNews.

Me and Packer Nation can breathe a sigh of relief.

And who other than me doesn't think that the Browns are for real?
    They're for real in the craptastic AFC North.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

What the fuck, Tavaris Jackson. You're suppose to suck!

Well, it is the Lions, after all.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Gizmo (view post)
    They're for real in the craptastic AFC North.
    Plus they did almost beat Pittsburgh the second time they played them. And they beat Seattle.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

I can actually foresee the NFC North being better next season. You may call me crazy but look at this: the Lions just need to protect the QB better-which means Kita will have more time to throw and have better numbers, thus opening up the running game. I imagine they will draft an offensive lineman among other needed players but hey this is a Mat Milian run team so another WR is probably likely :lol: We'll see how Jackson develops, as he does appear to have talent but may or may not be the long term solution. As long as they have Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson as a RB duo they will put points on the board. The Packers defense has become badass and is pretty young, and Aaron Rodgers showed on Thursday that he is extremely capable of taking over from Brett Farve. But that's if Farve even retires. I imagine Green Bay will either try to get a RB in free agency or give their current RB's a chance, but I don't think any of them are talented enough to be great.
    Its the Bears that are currently in trouble. They have a huge question mark at the QB position, the WR core isn't really all that good, and they have to address their RB problems as well. The defense may get healthy, but they aren't the same bruising unit that helped take the team to the Super Bowl last season.

I may end up being very wrong about this actually. The NFC North being good? That's funny. I really am crazy.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Fuck you Chargers. KC is losing players left and right on defense. Goddamnit. I've thrown curses at the TV many times today. However because we're playing at home against a Norv Turner coached team the Chiefs still have a chance to win. This game has been ugly, but the Chiefs have by and large contained Rivers. Its LT they have to worry about, and he's gashed KC big in the past.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I can actually foresee the NFC North being better next season. You may call me crazy but look at this: the Lions just need to protect the QB better-which means Kita will have more time to throw and have better numbers, thus opening up the running game. I imagine they will draft an offensive lineman among other needed players but hey this is a Mat Milian run team so another WR is probably likely :lol: We'll see how Jackson develops, as he does appear to have talent but may or may not be the long term solution. As long as they have Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson as a RB duo they will put points on the board. The Packers defense has become badass and is pretty young, and Aaron Rodgers showed on Thursday that he is extremely capable of taking over from Brett Farve. But that's if Farve even retires. I imagine Green Bay will either try to get a RB in free agency or give their current RB's a chance, but I don't think any of them are talented enough to be great.
    Its the Bears that are currently in trouble. They have a huge question mark at the QB position, the WR core isn't really all that good, and they have to address their RB problems as well. The defense may get healthy, but they aren't the same bruising unit that helped take the team to the Super Bowl last season.

I may end up being very wrong about this actually. The NFC North being good? That's funny. I really am crazy.
    This is incorrect. The Lions won't be better until Kitna is no longer the QB. There's a reason that he led the league last season, and will be close to it again this season, in turnovers. He's a terrible decision-maker. He could have an hour back there and still throw interceptions or get hit and fumble. He's Detroit's biggest problem.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    This is incorrect. The Lions won't be better until Kitna is no longer the QB. There's a reason that he led the league last season, and will be close to it again this season, in turnovers. He's a terrible decision-maker. He could have an hour back there and still throw interceptions or get hit and fumble. He's Detroit's biggest problem.
    Hmm, perhaps I failed to take this into account. But do you really think Milian will draft a QB in the off season? He could pick up one in free agency but none of the ones available are good, although I can see my favorite team (the Chiefs) taking one of the QBs who will be a free agent. At the same time though Kita has been a huge upgrade over Joey Harrington of course.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Kitna's percentage numbers certainly aren't anything to be proud of.

With those receivers, you should be gtting near-Brady numbers.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Hmm, perhaps I failed to take this into account. But do you really think Milian will draft a QB in the off season? He could pick up one in free agency but none of the ones available are good, although I can see my favorite team (the Chiefs) taking one of the QBs who will be a free agent. At the same time though Kita has been a huge upgrade over Joey Harrington of course.
    They drafted Drew Stanton this year, but put him on IR before the season began. I don't think their offense is that much improved because of Kitna, rather in spite of him. They got better receivers and a better O-line. Plus they got a competent offensive coordinator. I've never seen Kitna scramble out of the pocket and throw it away. Instead he either takes a sack for a loss of 10 or throws an idiotic pass that gets picked off. I can't stand him.

If Drew Stanton is healthy he should be starting next season. Youth in this case should be considered over experience.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

The Lions have a total of -4 rushing yards.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    The Lions have a total of -4 rushing yards.
    Yeah. Thank you Mike Martz. This is exactly why I said he was "competent" and not an adjective more flattering. It drives me nuts when people call him an offensive genius.

Yeah. Thank you Mike Martz. This is exactly why I said he was "competent" and not an adjective more flattering. It drives me nuts when people call him an offensive genius.
    When you are down 35-10 after the first half, there isn't much of a choice.

HA.

Go Viks.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    When you are down 35-10 after the first half, there isn't much of a choice.

HA.

Go Viks.
    Do you think the Vikes achieved the rare 35 point touchdown? They got that all in one possession? There is no excuse to having -4 yards rushing as a professional football team. None.

Sure Trent Green was better than Damon Hurad and Brodie Croyle are now. But he also had a better offensive line to protect him.

That said I've still uttered curse words at the TV. I may have picked the Chargers but the Chiefs have at some points given me this false hope that they can win. Only to pull the rug out from under me. Its beyond cruel, and sadly this time due to injuries on the KC defense have resulted in LT running wild.

What the hell? Tyler Thigpen, a guy I've never even heard of, is being put in for KC as QB. I don't mind this at all. He can't be any worse than Hurad or Croyle. First pass went to Bowie for 22 yards. Let's see what happens...

The Bills are making a comeback against the Redskins. If Washington can't beat a Buffalo team missing their best running back they won't make the playoffs.

PS: WHY THE FUCK DID TYLER THROW INTO DOUBLE COVERAGE? GODDAMNIT!!!!

I have an urge to break something right now.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Do you think the Vikes achieved the rare 35 point touchdown? They got that all in one possession? There is no excuse to having -4 yards rushing as a professional football team. None.
    It doesn't make sense to me either, but they only ran the ball an entire three times in the first half as well. Plus, Minnesota showed that they are susceptible to the passing game, and have the best rushing defense in the league. Martz's idea made sense on paper, but obviously failed in execution.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    It doesn't make sense to me either, but they only ran the ball an entire three times in the first half as well. Plus, Minnesota showed that they are susceptible to the passing game, and have the best rushing defense in the league. Martz's idea made sense on paper, but obviously failed in execution.
    It didn't make sense on paper. Running the ball 3 times total in the first half doesn't make any sense at all. Whatsoever. It's ridiculous.