Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2028

Thread: Gastronomy - The Food & Drink Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I was craving a specific food on the way home from work, that I went out of my way to go to a grocery store to get it, and then proceeded to eat it in my car in the 7 min drive home. No napkins. No fear.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I was craving a specific food on the way home from work, that I went out of my way to go to a grocery store to get it, and then proceeded to eat it in my car in the 7 min drive home. No napkins. No fear.

.....and it was?

Roasted a chicken surround by potato slices tonight.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

These boneless chicken fingers with a honey seasoning at a grocery store. I haven't had a craving like that in a long time.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

These boneless chicken fingers with a honey seasoning at a grocery store. I haven't had a craving like that in a long time.
    Pregnant?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Pregnant?
    She could be.

I don’t know about y’all, but the Bac0n, Scar, and the former poster known as Spun households will be eating damn well tomorrow.

....drinking well, too.

EDIT: Fixed autocorrect errors.
    Last edited by Scar; 12-16-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Trimmed up a beef oblong top blade roast (the Cadillac of pot roasts):

Which is currently marinating with a split blanched trotter (pigs foot) and a pile of aromatics in a bottle of bourbon barrel aged Cabernet and cognac:

EDIT: The crumpled piece of paper towel was for grasping silver skin and fat while I trimmed / pulled it.

That's what I thought moments ago. This thread has a discouraging lack of pictures. Looks very good Scar.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

This might be the wrong thread for this- but I'm curious to people's thoughts here. I have two friends who are getting a divorcee, they have been married for almost three years. The reason: The wife went vegan about 2 years ago. And the husband has been a hunter his entire life. The tried compromising but she doesn't want him to have any mean in the house, which to me seems completely unreasonable to me. She's stated that if there was ever a football game on, and he wanted to have people over with a platter of chicken fingers, she would have to leave the house.

I'm curious if anyone here has run into any vegans like this before. Is this normal? She's willing to put this NEW lifestyle before her marriage. They've been together for about 8 years total.

Could it be she isn't happy to begin with and is using this new lifestyle to precipitate a break/divorce?

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Could it be she isn't happy to begin with and is using this new lifestyle to precipitate a break/divorce?
    It doesn't appear that way. She knew him going back to high school. He was a Marine, now a firefighter/handy man. So he's a getting things done kind of guy. No slouch.
    We've been on multiple couple dates with them, as well as vacations. But this vegan thing has taken over her life. She wants to raise her kids vegan. SHe wouldn't even let him buy leather workboots because "we are not supporting that industry". It's like she's been brainwashed by vegan forums and online shit.

Who is cooking for Thanksgiving?
    I made the best pozole I've ever had for Thanksgiving.

Cooked for 8.

My own recipe. Been working on it for a couple of years, and it is finally perfected.

Looks good!

How'd that beef turn out? Looks amazing.

Now I know what a pozole is.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

How'd that beef turn out? Looks amazing.
    Excellent. The best part, however, is taking the bacon, and the meat / skin from the pigs feet, and tossing it in a pile of pasta with the braising liquid.

Yeah, that was some goooooooooooooooooood stuff. And just like Scar said I would, I passed out on the rocking chair the minute he stepped out the door.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Yeah, that was some goooooooooooooooooood stuff. And just like Scar said I would, I passed out on the rocking chair the minute he stepped out the door.
    That Thing game is feeling very neglected, thanks to good food and drink.

When its -15F, with a high of -9F, its time to debone and butterfly a pork butt, and make jerk marinade.

They've been getting to know each other since 1100 this morning. I'll roast it slow at 300F tomorrow and serve it as sliders with pineapple salsa tomorrow night at the New Year's Eve party we're going to.

One thing not pictured, is I sliced the butt accordion style before marinading. Basically, diagonal cuts along the butt on both sides, making sure not to cut all the way through, so it stays together, but more of the meat contacts the marinade. Then I flip it every 6 hours until roasting.

Homemade Pho:

Roasted 2 pounds of oxtail, 1.5 pounds of neck bones, 1 pound of shin bones at 425 for one hour (rotating once halfway through). When it comes to the bones, spend the extra cash for the oxtail. Next time, I think I'll go 3 pounds oxtail, and the rest whatever is available.

Slice one onion in half, and roast at 425 for 45 minutes. I also roasted a little yellow onion I had sitting around.

Slice 1-2" of ginger, roast if you like.

After the soup bones and onion are roasted, toss them and the ginger in a large stock pot w/ 16 cups (4 quarts) of water.
    Add 2 star of anise (I had to use extract, make sure to use sparingly), 2 sticks of cinnamon, a handful give or take of peppercorns, at least a tablespoon of salt, 2.5 tbsp fish sauce, a head of garlic sliced in half, a tablespoon or so of cloves. I think that's it.

Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 hours, (minimum 6). Skim off froth /skin throughout the process.

Soak 8 oz or so of rice noodles for an hour, and boil for one minute before serving.

While the noodles are soaking, thinly, and I do mean thinly, slice 1.5 pounds of new york strip, or top sirloin, filet if you feel like spending even more money. If you don't have very sharp knives like some of us, throw your steaks in the freezer for a bit to firm them up to make it easier to slice, (my shun blue petty knife worked like a charm w/o any freezing).

Chop up some cilantro and scallions.

Strain your Pho into another stock pot, and skim off more fat and skin, and set to the side.

When you're ready to serve up, boil your noodles for one minute, bring your Pho back to a boil. When the noodles are cooked, divide them among four bowls (or less for hearty appetites), and divide the sliced steak among the bowls, and top with chopped cilantro and scallions. Pour blazing hot Pho over the top, and stir. Let sit one minute or two, and watch the steak turn grey and serve with lemon wedges, bean sprouts (I used chopped bok choy because bean sprouts are E. Coli breeding grounds), thai basil or basil, and sliced jalapenos for those who like heat. Can also have hoisin and chili sauce on the side.

I think ​that's it. Enjoying a few glasses of wine right now.

EDIT: This recipe will evolve with time.

Homemade Pho:

Roasted 2 pounds of oxtail, 1.5 pounds of neck bones, 1 pound of shin bones at 425 for one hour (rotating once halfway through). When it comes to the bones, spend the extra cash for the oxtail. Next time, I think I'll go 3 pounds oxtail, and the rest whatever is available.

Slice one onion in half, and roast at 425 for 45 minutes. I also roasted a little yellow onion I had sitting around.

Slice 1-2" of ginger, roast if you like.

After the soup bones and onion are roasted, toss them and the ginger in a large stock pot w/ 16 cups (4 quarts) of water.
    Add 2 star of anise (I had to use extract, make sure to use sparingly), 2 sticks of cinnamon, a handful give or take of peppercorns, at least a tablespoon of salt, 2.5 tbsp fish sauce, a head of garlic sliced in half, a tablespoon or so of cloves. I think that's it.

Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 hours, (minimum 6). Skim off froth /skin throughout the process.

Soak 8 oz or so of rice noodles for an hour, and boil for one minute before serving.

While the noodles are soaking, thinly, and I do mean thinly, slice 1.5 pounds of new york strip, or top sirloin, filet if you feel like spending even more money. If you don't have very sharp knives like some of us, throw your steaks in the freezer for a bit to firm them up to make it easier to slice, (my shun blue petty knife worked like a charm w/o any freezing).

Chop up some cilantro and scallions.

Strain your Pho into another stock pot, and skim off more fat and skin, and set to the side.

When you're ready to serve up, boil your noodles for one minute, bring your Pho back to a boil. When the noodles are cooked, divide them among four bowls (or less for hearty appetites), and divide the sliced steak among the bowls, and top with chopped cilantro and scallions. Pour blazing hot Pho over the top, and stir. Let sit one minute or two, and watch the steak turn grey and serve with lemon wedges, bean sprouts (I used chopped bok choy because bean sprouts are E. Coli breeding grounds), thai basil or basil, and sliced jalapenos for those who like heat. Can also have hoisin and chili sauce on the side.

I think ​that's it. Enjoying a few glasses of wine right now.

EDIT: This recipe will evolve with time.
    I'm making this, this week.

I'm making this, this week.
    Good luck, it’s not difficult. Make sure to skim the gunk off throughout. Also, I’d recommend referencing other recipes that weren’t typed after a bottle of wine, and keep the simmer low.

Having a few friends over, and I asked them what they’d like. The only request was cheesy potatoes.

Fucking kidding me. :lol:

Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast