Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2028

Thread: Gastronomy - The Food & Drink Thread

Well, I finished off the stew. I dunno, friends. That was pretty damn spectacular. Next time I may incorporate some suggestions found here for searing the meat, but dang. But, just, dang. Dang, that is a quality beef stew recipe.

I found a slow-cooker recipe for blueberry cobbler a few days ago. I misread "cobbler" as "crumble" and immediately wanted a crumble. So, I did a Google search for a slow-cooker crumble receipe and found one. I am not going to post that recipe here, because I don't want anybody to think it's a good idea to make crumble in your slow-cooker. Not only was it a failure, it was a failure of such magnitude that it left me with the impression that crumble should not be made in the slow cooker.

It was like a gummy, soupy mess of undercooked fruit and dough.

Yeah so I have a pork roast with a homemade dry rub and vinaigrette going in my crock pot today to make pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. Even before leaving the house it smelled sooooo gooood.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Yeah so I have a pork roast with a homemade dry rub and vinaigrette going in my crock pot today to make pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. Even before leaving the house it smelled sooooo gooood.
    Shut up, you.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I rarely cook with pork but it was on crazy sale (like $1.50/pound) so I ended up with a huge hunk o'pork. should be tasty.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Roomie is 100% not waiting for me. She texted that it's done and my commute takes too long.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Turned out tasty-- tender and flavorful. I wish I had seared it first, though.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Maybe this will make you think twice of eating processed foods:

Try and guess what each food is by these GIFS.

[
    ]
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Not seeing anything 'mind blowing' in those gifs. Especially 2, 3, and 4.

2 is bratwurst / sausage of some kind.
    3 Bologna or something similiar
    4 A tube of burger
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Something that would be more effective is showing all the spices / preservatives n shit they dump in processed meats, not them being packaged.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Not seeing anything 'mind blowing' in those gifs. Especially 2, 3, and 4.

2 is bratwurst / sausage of some kind. Correct
    3 Bologna or something similiar Correct
    4 A tube of burger Pepperoni
    1. Is Meatloaf

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    1. Is Meatloaf
    Not surprised. Its been ground, and then squeezed out a pipe.

What about them do you find appaling?

Everything?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Everything?
    The gif's are merely the mechanical packaging of the meat. Documentation of what goes into the ground product is far more concerning. That's how small operations package their meat, too. Do you eat burger? Where do you get it? What kind of packaging does it come in?

I thought #1 was subway bread.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Living with someone who owns a rice cooker has ruined me. I can't go back. I won't.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Whole Foods cold brew coffee is the best fucking coffee on the planet. (Greater than or equal to the entire country of Italy)

Fucking coffee, you say? I'm gonna try that this weekend! good thing I got a vasectomy a few years back!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

BWhahahahhaha. I literally sat in my car for 20 minutes this morning waiting for Whole Foods to open with a Starbucks, Dunkin and cumberland farms across the street.

Typically I brew my own.... but I left my travel coffee mug at work and I was super tired from a late soccer game last night... so I said fuck it and just waited.

From their coffee bar or what they sell?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Coffee bar.

So have any of you actually eaten raw oysters on the half shell? Thoughts?
    ...and the milk's in me.

It's on my to do list.

I just unearthed a gift card to an oyster bar that someone gave me which I had misplaced. But I'd be really embarrassed to go and gag over really nice expensive seafood. I'm not squeamish about fish-tasting things and I like salt & brine well enough, but I am sometimes sensitive to texture and they look so.... gooshy.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Not sure where you are going... I have been to a few get togethers at Ryleigh's in Fed Hill. Yes, the texture is a little horrific to me. Taste for me is pretty much salty (I have seen them described as tasting like the sea), but they usually come with some lemon / sauce options to eat them with to add some flavor density. Worth doing, but for me they are much better fried and eaten with some cocktail sauce or on a po boy.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast