Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2028

Thread: Gastronomy - The Food & Drink Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Roger that. Yeh I have a standard Webber and a thermometer. I'll check out the basket.

I've been playing around with my mini-pizza oven. Dunno if any of you follow me on insta. I know Rob and Erik do.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzSxpFklsNS/

Thanks!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Awesome - that charcoal basket will essentially turn your weber into a top-notch smoker. And my father in law has one of those Uunis (i got him one for his birthday last year) - they're awesome!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

It literally makes pizzas in 30 seconds. It's as close to the Back to the Future pizza oven as we can get.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Those nachos made me hungry for a return trip to our local Greek place. We get the same appetizer every time (wish I could find a picture):

Quote Quoting Papa Gyros
    Greek Nachos
    Crispy pita chips topped with homemade tzatziki sauce, feta cheese, diced tomatoes, onions, Greek Kalamata olives, banana peppers, with your choice of gyro meat or chicken. $7.89
    They're amazing (minus olives of course).

As for grills, by bro-in-law's bro-in-law owns a place that does custom fireplaces and stocks insane grills. He just smoked us two pork shoulders last week for niece's bday party. He also smoked some cheese with some cold smoking technique. He's way over my smoking level. He's cooked us pizza on his Green Egg smoker already.
    Last edited by Skitch; 07-23-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I've been playing around with my mini-pizza oven. Dunno if any of you follow me on insta. I know Rob and Erik do.
    I sure do, but I'm rarely on there. Every once in a while.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Awesome - that charcoal basket will essentially turn your weber into a top-notch smoker. And my father in law has one of those Uunis (i got him one for his birthday last year) - they're awesome!
    They’re so awesome I might get one myself.

Imagine busting that sucker out in South Dakota.

And Duke, start with smoking pork butt, one of the most forgiving meats to smoke.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Bac0n decided on making health food today:

“What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

LOL WTF is that?

It’s called a bacon & sausage fatty aka a Tulsa Torpedo. Scar tho took to calling it Redneck Beef Wellington, and my wife was calling it Meat Log. Any of those names will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Haha. Pictures of food are never dull.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

So you baked it? Before grilling it?

EDit: no you smoked it. Got it.

Defrosted a cornish game hen, spatchcocked it (cut out the backbone to flatten it), rubbed it in oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, oregano, thyme, then threw it on the grill along with some 'taters.

Dinner was tasty. Then I split the bird in half, (granted, I could take a whole one down by myself).

Spatchcock is a great technique for grilling / smoking birds. I've done it on chicken and turkey as well. Next time I might use a damn saw when I do it on a turkey, because the kitchen shears were a bitch.

Scar. Stop it.

[
    ]

50/50 Venison / Chuck Roast Burgers from last weekend:

That hen looks amazingly succulent.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Oh damn. They made upgrades to my pizza oven. Now works with charcoal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...red-pizza-oven

That looks awesome!

......Goddamnit.

Someone in Thailand just tried to serve me chocolate ice cream with corn and peas for toppings. This is not the first dessert violation I have experienced in SE Asia. I really think they should just stick to serving fruit for dessert.

Pics!

WTF!

I'm a pretty adventurous eater but BARF

I think Asians just have a different palette then America. What's the obsession with KitKat over there?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I think Asians just have a different palette then America. What's the obsession with KitKat over there?
    Funny you mentioned this. One of the girls I work with is Japanese and she went home for the holidays. Often when we take trips (either for work or personal) it's customary to bring back some kind of local delicacy for the folks in the office to try.

She brought back a bunch of KitKats. Amongst some unique but logical choices were a couple of odd entries:
    - Hot Chili
    - Melon and mascarpone cheese

Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast