Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2028

Thread: Gastronomy - The Food & Drink Thread

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I've seen far worse.
    Oh I'm sure the best thing about golf is you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it heh.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Don't know if anybody else is familiar with Magic Spoon. I'd been hearing about their, "kids' cereal for adults" for a little while and decided to finally try some. Super expensive for what you get, first off, so I figured they had better be damn good to justify the price.

No. Definitely not good enough to justify the price. Bland and bitter and weirdly salty. It also coats your teeth after you eat a bowl. $48 for four small boxes, with maybe 3 bowls of cereal each. Yes, I will finish the ones I've gotten -- they're not HORRIBLE. But, I'm certainly never buying any again.

I do not recommend.

http://www.magicspoon.com/

The box it's delivered in says "Healthy cereal that tastes better than this box."

No. No, not really. Tastes just about the same, really.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Ha. I figured that was the case, but now it's confirmed! Thank you for your service.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Started brining a bear ham on Monday. Will throw it on the smoker on Oct 2.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

We should totally start a MN Chapter of BBQ Pit Boys, and let that be our first video.

Most hits ever.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Started brining a bear ham on Monday. Will throw it on the smoker on Oct 2.
    Please post lots of pics and reactions!!

Also, is bear closer to pork than beef, then? I thought bear was a red meat. Or is "ham" more in the cut/prep?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    We should totally start a MN Chapter of BBQ Pit Boys, and let that be our first video.

Most hits ever.
    I have one more hind quarter and two shoulders in the freezer. Can toy with that idea after our first test run. I’ll throw on a small pork butt for pulled pork and cubanos?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Please post lots of pics and reactions!!

Also, is bear closer to pork than beef, then? I thought bear was a red meat. Or is "ham" more in the cut/prep?
    Prep. The ham is the hind quarter.

Food coma imminent.

Delicious.

14 day brined bear ham on the right, pork butt marinated in extreme garlic mojo sauce on the left:

After 12 hours on the smoker:

I was invited to bac0n's paella block party. It did not disappoint:

How was the bear?

Is it comparable to anything else, texture or flavour wise?

Delicious. Because of the pickling spices, it was a cross between ham and corned beef. Best Cubano sandwiches I’ve had.

Amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

Delicious. Because of the pickling spices, it was a cross between ham and corned beef. Best Cubano sandwiches I’ve had.
    OH MY GOD shutupshutupshutup

Thats sounds like the best.

Next I think we’ll smoke a front shoulder with a basic salt pepper garlic rub, check the flavor, then decide on a sauce. And then there’s Osso Buco with the shanks. Oh, sorry, Osso Bearco.

And the rest becomes bearsagna for Christmas!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

That paella though.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

It's the perfect "I have a crowd to feed and I wanna be able to do most of the work ahead of time" dish. And lots of hoity toity cookery stores have the pans and cooking apparatus for rent, in sizes from 20 people all the way up to a 100. The one you're looking at is sized for 60.

Oh, and leftovers reheat perfectly. I like to nuke some in the microwave and top with a sunny side up or poached egg. It's heavenly.

Add mule deer to the menu.

Add mule deer to the menu.

Trimmed the belly / rib meat off of two deer this year.

I then made a 'Texas Style' venison belly roulade. The first one I made I used one of the bellies that ended up being in two pieces. The above was the last one I did where I managed to take it off all in one piece. It is a rather thin piece of meat.

Salt, pepper, stone ground dijon mustard:

Bacon:

Onion and pickled jalapeno on one, onion and mild pickled banana peppers on the other:

Roll them up and cinch them up:

Sear and braised for six hours (flipped once) on softened onions and carrots and a quart of beef stock:

Rest, skim the fat off the sauce, slice, and top with sauce.

Thats how its done right there

I will now harvest that cut of meat from every deer I’m able to. Usually it’s missed, or at best makes it to the grind pile.

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast