Thread: The Daily Show

The Daily Show

Who watches it?

*petitions for position of Jon Stewart's personal slave*

I watch it as often as possible, I adore Stewart even though I think Colbert is consistently funnier. His demeanor is incredibly attractive to me (not physically necessarily), just likeable.
    Follow me on Twitter

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I <3 Jon Stewart. I watch The Daily Show whenever I can. Colbert as well.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I <3 Jon Stewart.

*glowers*

*challenges to duel*

I DVR both Stewart and Colbert every night, and usually catch up on both on the weekends. Colbert is the better host (he was a riot in Philly!), but TDS has the better correspondents.

I've gotten jaded. I stopped watching both a while back.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

We only get the Global Edition of The Daily Show over here. It's still great though.

I watch both Colbert Report and TDS as much as possible. Both shows make me laugh every time. Jon Stewart is pretty awesome, and I loved it when him, Colbert, and Conan O' Brian had that faux fight a while back that was easily the highlight of the strike period. And will probably go down as one of the best moments in TV this year as well.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

That study is absurd. I literally watch next to nothing when it comes to real news, and I get the jokes. The jokes aren't that intricate. They make fun of the president and his cabinet, they make fun of democrats and their inability to deliver change, and the rest of the stories give enough background that the jokes work just fine without additional information.

Not only that, but the story mentions that his show has a lot in common with O'Reilly and Crossfire, but then doesn't give any examples. I've had very little exposure to those shows, but what little I have seen I see no connection to The Daily Show aside from them mocking their format from time to time.

It's kind of misleading wordplay. They said they feature the same content, which just means that O'Reilly and Matthews cover the same subjects and show the same clips as Stewart.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    It's kind of misleading wordplay. They said they feature the same content, which just means that O'Reilly and Matthews cover the same subjects and show the same clips as Stewart.
    They needed a study for that?