35. Genre: Fantasy. Branded to Kill. Not what I would call a fantasy movie, but anyway. Amounts to a whole bunch of nothing, but damn cool and relentlessly stylized. All guns, butts, and boiled rice -- featuring an assassin who apparently just had his wisdom teeth removed. Too absurd and incoherent to be fully my shit, but I wouldn't bat an eye if someone said it was their favorite movie. Three stars.

36. Genre: Action/Adventure. Thelma and Louise. A welcome subversion to one of my least-favorite story templates. Good cast. Watching Brad Pitt here is like watching Marilyn Monroe in Asphalt Jungle, both of them on the cusp of becoming generational heartthrobs. Three stars.

37. Genre: Crime. Asphalt Jungle. Classic plot-driven noir done well. Another good cast. I don't get a lot out of this type of thing. Three stars.

Up next:
38. Spine #201-350. Le Corbeau, Kanal, Burden of Dreams, or La collectionneuse. Leaning Rohmer.

39. Spine #800-950. The Story of the Last Chrysanthemum, 45 Years, Mysterious Object at Noon, Taipei Story, Shanghai Express, or a rewatch of Blow-Up, Tampopo, or Blood Simple. So many choices. Leaning Chrysanthemum.

40. Watch a film with a rating 3.0 or lower. Weird week. Tom Jones, Equinox, Jellyfish Eyes... or the obvious choice, Armageddon.