Thread: In Which I Just Talk About a Bunch of Movies I Watched Recently

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Hey, everybody. Been a bit.

High Anxiety (1977)-- I don't know if it's because I haven't seen much Hitchcock (I know, I know), or if the comedy just feels really dated. Didn't work for me at all. Didn't laugh once. Didn't finish it. 3/10

The Gauntlet
    (1977) -- Clint Eastwood and Sondra Locke together yet again. It's weird-funny to watch their movies together knowing how their marriage ended. (It ended with him blacklisting her from Hollywood. Bad shit.) The characters in this are really freaking dumb and nothing you can say will ever change my mind. Didn't finish it. 4/10
    Yay, another new film thread! I have seen these two movies before, but it's been forever, and I remember both of them just being okay (with the former suffering somewhat from Brooks' overly broad, old-timey sense of humor, while the latter is just another interchangable Eastwood cop movie), but I'm still happy to see some more movie discussion here, so keep it up!

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    the latter is just another interchangable Eastwood cop movie), but I'm still happy to see some more movie discussion here, so keep it up!
    I mean, I kinda go into these 70s Eastwood movies expecting and kind of wanting that. I noticed this got decent reviews upon its release which surprises me a little bit. I get a sense that Eastwood was trying to do a kind of neo-noir thing, what with his alcoholic loser character who gets involved with a dame who's just trouble. I had a lot of trouble buying Eastwood as that alcoholic loser, honestly, because he's always just playing his same steely-eyed bad-ass, regardless of what the character needs.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.