Thread: The Expanse (Season 6, Final Season)

Producer

The Expanse (Season 6, Final Season)

Final season to the best currently-airing sci-fi series right now just started.

Very good premiere with a lot of moving pieces, but I thought pacing would pick up way more than last season, considering this is the final one and there are only six episodes. Did like it better than last season's opener though.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    YES Peng thank you for reminding me. Gonna wait for a few episodes to build up before I start this.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Producer
    The small prologue to every episode this season ends up being a tantalizing glimpse of this world's future, should the show be picked up again in some form, and I kinda miss the more overtly overarching sci-fi element of the first four seasons. But excellent (for-now) series finale otherwise, great action sequences intersped with effective human downtime in between (love the dinner scene). Also glad the show ends by having its two most prominent leads, Holden and Avasarala, do what they're best at: the former being drawn into something bigger than himself then still do it his own way, and the latter reacting in her signature style ("You duplicitous little shit" ). Gonna miss this show, now time to pick up the books finally!

Season Ranking (Series overall is A-):
    Season 2 (A)
    Season 3 (A)
    Season 4 (B+)
    Season 6 (B+)
    Season 5 (B+)
    Season 1 (B+)
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5