Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowboy Bebop (Netflix, 2021)

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    I don't think I'm going to even watch it, because I don't want to unintentionally encourage Netflix to make any more of it...

[
    ]
    In a good way. It kept the spirit of each of the characters, expanded heavily on backstories, and really only recreated an episode or two of the original show. It touched on several of the fan favorite plots without just straight remaking them. In the anime Vicious was in, what, 3 of almost 30 episodes? He's in damn near every one here, for better or worse, up to the viewer, but this show was definitely not a straight through remake, imo.

Spike and Jet and Faye were so well cast, I absolutely want more.

Also, I'm not trying to sell it to you. I doubt you would like it. I'm only saying it's not an attempted shot for shot remake.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    In a good way. It kept the spirit of each of the characters, expanded heavily on backstories, and really only recreated an episode or two of the original show. It touched on several of the fan favorite plots without just straight remaking them. In the anime Vicious was in, what, 3 of almost 30 episodes? He's in damn near every one here, for better or worse, up to the viewer, but this show was definitely not a straight through remake, imo.

Spike and Jet and Faye were so well cast, I absolutely want more.
    I had a friend tell me it felt like an original idea but with the Cowboy Bebop name cynically slapped on it because people want to see IP they're familiar with. I DO need to see more of the live action version, but from what I've seen of it, there's more effort put into getting the characters right than a certain mouse-eared conglomerate does with its live action remakes.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

Deep Red (Argento, 1975) 5
    Flee (Rasmussen, 2021) 4.5
    The Power of the Dog (Campion, 2021) 4.5
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Reitman, 2021) 3.5
    The Tragedy of Macbeth (Coen, 2021) TBD

Fox Force Five News
    Letterboxd

I can't figure out what you want, Stu. You say it's pointless to remake it if you're just remaking and not adding anything new, then post a video that whines that it's not a straight remake lol

Stu is drunk with hatred!

I don't like how Ed looks in the life action version currently. I'll get to this at some point amongst the oh 60 other shows I'm also watching haha.
    Last edited by DFA1979; 11-24-2021 at 06:27 AM.
    Blog!

I really don't care anymore
    About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
    And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody else down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

I didn't love live action Ed either. But maybe it's a Fellowship Gollum, and round 2 will improve.

I can't figure out what you want, Stu. You say it's pointless to remake it if you're just remaking and not adding anything new, then post a video that whines that it's not a straight remake lol
    It's not a contradiction for me to have not been interested in this Bebop back when it looked like a beat-for-beat remake, while also thinking that these changes sound like bad ideas. I mean, how can any Bebopper not think that the characters calling him "Fearless" instead of Spike sounds like an incredibly stupid, pointless change?

They do call him Spike. He changed his name when he left the Syndicate. So?

They do call him Spike. He changed his name when he left the Syndicate. So?
    Wait, so his real name in the Netflix version was actually "Fearless", and his nickname is Spike? Geez, that's even stupider!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12