Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Dee's hair was the highlight for me. :lol:

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    People seem to be fairly divided on it, but I thought last night's episode was probably my favourite episode of the season. Maybe I just love the idea of starting off an episode with the gang already caught in a horrible situation and slowly trying to work their way out of it instead of watching an unfortunate mess slowly build and peak as its ending like most episodes do.

I also think forcing them to whisper their anger instead of yelling it like they usually would ended up making the whole thing that much funnier to me.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

I was hasty earlier: I queried rhetorically about Peep Show's role as "great or greatest" show ever, assuming an understanding that what I was inferring was that Peep Show is, probably, the greatest show.

No. This is. Hands down, officially my favorite television show. A show I love not in spite of but including its faults, most of which are meritorious on an ambitious or creative front. It builds like music, their hair-triggers signaling a rise to absurd crescendos with terrifically unpredictable focus and energy. Among the most inspiring things I've seen. I love Dennis's casual psychosis, Charlie's covert talents, Mac's enthusiasm, Dee's juggling of narcissism and self-effacement, and that Frank just doesn't give a fuck. Rumham! Rumham!!

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    I was hasty earlier: I queried rhetorically about Peep Show's role as "great or greatest" show ever, assuming an understanding that what I was inferring was that Peep Show is, probably, the greatest show.

No. This is. Hands down, officially my favorite television show. A show I love not in spite of but including its faults, most of which are meritorious on an ambitious or creative front. It builds like music, their hair-triggers signaling a rise to absurd crescendos with terrifically unpredictable focus and energy. Among the most inspiring things I've seen. I love Dennis's casual psychosis, Charlie's covert talents, Mac's enthusiasm, Dee's juggling of narcissism and self-effacement, and that Frank just doesn't give a fuck. Rumham! Rumham!!
    will you marry me?

we can read grant morrison comics and watch it's always sunny all day

this is incredible

[youtube]DRD195mPOFo[/youtube]

[youtube]6wVdk_PCdgE[/youtube]

haley joel osment is actually a pretty good mac

This week's episode was brilliant. Like a warped episode of In Treatment. They're really playing to longtime fans this season and it's paying off in spades. Judging by next week's ep title, the trend seems to be continuing.

Three episodes in to the new season; it's top tier. Quotability dialed to eleven.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Holy shit at that sex scene last night.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345