Producer

What If...? (Marvel)

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Producer
    Breezy and fun enough (always a good time to see Peggy take central stage), and I liked that they take advantage of animation's freedom for its action scenes, but I hope future episodes are less film arc remakes with a few element/character switches.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Watching this episode, makes me wish these ideas were incorporated in the live action films. Esp. the bit where Peggy uses the shield to take out planes and then dive off the back onto Steve Rogers Iron Man thingy.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I am amused that the first episode was literally a cliff notes remake version of the original movie. And yes the planes fight scene part was really cool.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Producer
    Not sure if it's the nature of his new arc or just hearing Boseman back as T'Challa again, but that was rough, oof. Especially the dedication text at the end. Very fun alternated scenario this time though, and the emotional stuff really work for me.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Through 2, quite enjoy the animation style! And yes, Boseman was making me choke up a bit.

That second episode was incredible from start to finish.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

T'Challa is the best Star Lord. That episode rules so much. Also I really like the animation.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

That was a pretty jarring end to [
    ]

Hmm I'm not sure I liked the latest episode. It was alright, I guess.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Have you guys seen this? An absolutely, positively, reputable source revealed to me on condition of anonymity a list of What If ideas that didn't quite make the cut.

While some of them are, to be sure, intriguing, in the final analysis, I can see why they didn't quite get the greenlight because, well, see for yourself.

Quote Quoting '"absolutely, positively, reputable source"
    Hey bac0n. Here is that list of rejected What If episodes I told you about. And remember: I am an absolutely, positively, reputable source.

- yours, "Kalvin Beige"

What If....
    1) ...Steve Urkel got the Super Soldier Serum?
    2) ...Peter Parker got bitten by a radioactive dung beetle?
    3) ...Thanos smoked pot?
    4) ...Scarlet Witch is not a witch, she's your wife, but after what you just said, she's not even sure she wants to be that any more?
    5) ...Jar Jar Binks got the infinity stones? (Star Wars crossover)
    7) ...Star Lord's mixed tape was Munich's Greatest Polka hits?
    8) ...we replace Thor's hammer with Folgier's Crystals? Lets see if he notices!
    9) ...I punch you right in the dick?
    10) ...free will is a myth, we're all part of some madman's fever dream, and any instant he could wake up and in a flash, just like that, it will be like we never existed?
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Scarlet Witch is not a witch, she's your wife, but after what you just said, she's not even sure she wants to be that any more?
    LOLed

My god. The cast of character that team up in this weeks WHAT IF is incredible.

Producer
    Hearing Chadwick say "In my culture, death is not the end. They are still with us, as long as we do not forget them" was such a gut punch.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Hearing Chadwick say "In my culture, death is not the end. They are still with us, as long as we do not forget them" was such a gut punch.
    ...and another Chadwick gut punch this week. I am glad I am not binge watching these. That would be too hard to take in one sitting.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Producer
    at Michael B. Jordan getting to say “What? I like anime” in MCU.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

The episodes have gotten stronger with each successive one. I loved the "who's killing Avengers" episode, and the Dr. Strange one is far and away the best one so far that I've watched in all aspects--animation, visual style, emotional resonance, etc. Looking forward to the last few.
    Last edited by Wryan; 09-17-2021 at 12:06 AM.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Okay the zombie episode was a manic whirlwind. Some very funny humor and sight gags mixed with unexpected poignancy and flesh-rippy ickiness.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

The Killmonger episode is another good one. I think they can probably be fairly accused of killing off big names for the sake of easy drama, but it's kind of part of the nature of the show's premise. Most of these episodes are just too quick. They positively sail through most development to hit a string of narrative beats. I wish each episode were an hour long.

--Homer

Producer

Not actually fourth wall-breaking, but The Watcher is so aligned with the audience's perspective that Ultron's acknowledgement of him feels like it, and that moment feels so jarringly thrilling. Plus, best use of animation's fluidity so far; series-altering serializing with past episodes; and real, hefty stakes both small (Natasha and Clint) and big (Ultron's unstoppable domination that culminates in a Multiverse-leaping fight). Just good stuff all around. Can't wait to see how this lead into the finale.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

The Thor/Captain Marvel episode felt almost totally pointless. But the Ultron follow-up was a fun, bonkers good time.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    The Thor/Captain Marvel episode felt almost totally pointless. But the Ultron follow-up was a fun, bonkers good time.
    It sure was.

And I can see this tying into the Phase 4/5 mythology pretty well.

Producer
    Not sure if overall What If...? is my favorite MCU series, but this is definitely my fav finale of them. It ties to past episodes and ups the scale without losing much of the charm that some of the best earlier stand-alone episodes have. Plus, the story strands of Peggy and Natasha turn out pretty affecting (and the latter's convo with The Watcher such a meta comment about telling and watching these MCU stories over the past decade).
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Not sure if overall What If...? is my favorite MCU series, but this is definitely my fav finale of them. It ties to past episodes and ups the scale without losing much of the charm that some of the best earlier stand-alone episodes have. Plus, the story strands of Peggy and Natasha turn out pretty affecting (and the latter's convo with The Watcher such a meta comment about telling and watching these MCU stories over the past decade).
    Agreed. Also, if Doctor Strange can truly posses that kind of power, it makes me really excited to see what the next two films have in store for him.

There's rumors the Illuminati is being developed.