Thread: Match Cut Madness 3: Best of the 00s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Producer
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Peng is the first to hit the max of three replacements, and can choose to block someone else's replacement, even if it's already locked in. If the block is used, the movie Peng defends advances to Round 1, and the person who is blocked can try another replacement. If the block isn't used, Peng gets one extra vote in Round 1.

Example: Baby Doll uses his final replacement to swap out Requiem for a Dream for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Before (or after) I approve the swap, Peng chooses to block the replacement. Requiem for a Dream receives immunity until Round 1, and Baby Doll can attempt a different replacement.
    This feels such a mad-with-power-granting rule lol. The only past swab I may be considering blocking is just Beau Travail, but that is out for legitimate reason, so I'll wait and see first. Most likely I'll just convert it for round one point though.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Most likely I'll just convert it for round one point though.
    This is almost certainly what I would do. Unless my favorite movie got booted.

Btw I'll be experiencing my first Kore-eda this week or next with Still Walking thanks to you.