• Yay

2 100.00%
  • Nay

0 0%

Thread: Fear Street: 1666

Fear Street: 1666

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Simultaneously has some of the best and worst stuff in the trilogy.

It suffers greatly in the first half in 1666. Some of the worst wigs and period props I have ever seen in my life. And the acting and accents are just as bad.

I strongly believe that when actors cannot do an accent, they should just speak with their normal voice. I find it much more distracting to hear a terribly done accent, than hearing a modern American accent in a period film.

Holy graphic teenage lesbian sex, Batman. That was...unexpected.

The twist was made a little too obvious too early on, but I still found the payoff quite effective, and I kind of loved the incredibly unique curse idea.

While the three films themselves are full of inconsistencies and weaknesses, the trilogy as a whole was awesome and greater than the sum of its parts.

Yeah, why'd they go with Irish of all accents??

But yeah, I kind of liked the first the most, but the third did a solid job wrapping it all up. This was entertaining, so couldn't ask for that much more.

But I did wish they kind of explored the 1666 world more, bad accents and all.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Simultaneously has some of the best and worst stuff in the trilogy.

It suffers greatly in the first half in 1666. Some of the worst wigs and period props I have ever seen in my life. And the acting and accents are just as bad.

I strongly believe that when actors cannot do an accent, they should just speak with their normal voice. I find it much more distracting to hear a terribly done accent, than hearing a modern American accent in a period film.
    There are some studies that say that the "American" accent WAS the accent the English used (back in 1666 for example) and that the English accent we know today didn't develop until after the US War for Independence.

Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    There are some studies that say that the "American" accent WAS the accent the English used (back in 1666 for example) and that the English accent we know today didn't develop until after the US War for Independence.
    Well, even more to my point then!! Lol

I was getting flashbacks to Survival of the Dead.

*shudder*

Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    Would be curious about these studies because their written work doesn't look like that at all.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter