• Yay

6 54.55%
  • Nay

5 45.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Widow (Cate Shortland)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Nah, Disney gets sued all the time and lawsuits over back pay happen all the time. This story would have been buried if it weren't vaguely topical (Covid, ScarJo, streaming $$$, etc).

As for Feige, I suspect that's PR. Feige always needs to appear as a good guy to the fan base, so of course he's "livid."

But when ScarJo talks about how she tried to renegotiate in good faith and the producers ghosted her, she's talking about Feige.
    It sounds like Feige is livid about the tone deaf response from Disney. These are his people so it sounds like the legal team either ignored his advice or just cut him out entirely. .
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why havenít entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It sounds like Feige is livid about the tone deaf response from Disney. These are his people so it sounds like the legal team either ignored his advice or just cut him out entirely. .
    As the head of Marvel Studios, I have a difficult time believing Feige is not in the room when these public responses are drafted.

It's PR on top of PR, because I think the social media response backing ScarJo surprised them, so then they softened their tone and used the goodwill around Feige to do it.

As the head of Marvel Studios, I have a difficult time believing
    Just realized I worded this badly and it sounds as if I'm saying I'm the head of Marvel Studios.

Which will no doubt fuel more of Duke's insane theories

BUSTED

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Just realized I worded this badly and it sounds as if I'm saying I'm the head of Marvel Studios.

Which will no doubt fuel more of Duke's insane theories
    Iger is that you?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why havenít entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Iger is that you?
    He's [
    ]

This was mildly watchable on the theater (no need to thank me, ScarJo) but it gets lamer in recollection every passing hour. Harbour and Pugh are the MVPs and they almost make the story work, but the family stuff has to live alongside a surprisingly lame plot that seems completely disconnected from the notion of making a fun spy flick. As far as the screenplay goes, this is bottom-of-the-barrel for Marvel. And Shortland isn't up to the challenge. I know all MCU movies look impersonal to an extent but the direction here is just plain bland and uninspired.

There is something obviously wrong in a movie where the sidekick (Pugh) is a more charismatic character than the star and there are two villains, neither memorable or interesting.

I liked the movie. Also Disney should just pay up and move on.
    Blog!

I really don't care anymore
    About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
    And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody else down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

Irish being in charge of Marvel is a twist I didn't see coming. Whoa!
    Blog!

I really don't care anymore
    About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
    And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody else down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12