Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loki (Marvel)

Producer
    Loved all the many versions of Loki. Fun world and fun episode. And it uses Richard E. Grant very well!
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I'm on the second episode and I like it so far. The humor works really well.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

I'm on the 5th episode now. This show rules so much. I hope it sticks the landing ending wise better than the other shows did.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Waited 'til the whole thing was out before binging. I liked it a lot, though I don't think it was particularly funny all that often. But it is fun. There are episodes that feel incredibly tv, and then there's some episodes that have real visual verve. The score's been consistently impressive, though the needle-drop of "Holding Out for a Hero" fell flat for me. If you can't outdo fucking Shrek 2 with that, why are you using it? The extended stuck-on-a-planet episode was a bit of a slog if I'm being honest, but the post-prune world and the last two episodes were just bitchin and delightfully weird. I kind of hoped we'd get to see Him, and by god they did it. This series doesn't quite have enough there to really sink the teeth into, and it should have had an extra few episodes, I think, but it nicely leads into the next phase. I was entertained.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I thought the first episode was pretty neat, especially with Loki seeing what happens to Frigga and even himself re: Thanos, and then telling him, "You're a chaotic failure who only exists to make the heroes look good" is such a shiv to the gut.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

This show handled the finale better than the others did although thank God we get another season considering how it ended.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting DFA1979 (view post)
    This show handled the finale better than the others did although thank God we get another season considering how it ended.
    Season 2 was a surprise for sure, but I expected this series (and the others) to lead into the movies and not be siloed to the Tv show. IN other words, by the time Season 2 rolls around, we are going to be in a much different place than the last shot of the final episode.

I expect Loki to appear in Doctor Strange 2 and Ant-Man 3 at this point.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Producer
    Enjoyed the finale a lot, even if on paper it shouldn't have worked: an episode where about half of it is listening to a monologue setting up backstory of and updated MCU status quo from a new character/villain going forward. But man, Jonathan Majors. I liked him well enough in recent prominent turns from two films (The Last Black Man in San Francisco and Da 5 Bloods) and one series (Lovecraft Country), but now it's clear that his real talent lies outsides of those film's straight (often leading) man roles, and in being a colorful character actor instead. He totally makes that long stretch work with his restless scenery-chewing and offbeat charisma. Great casting, because with the wrong actor I would have found this finale too much a dry exposition-fest setting up both next season and MCU's new phase, even if the episode contains some of the season's most striking imagery (in a series full of them) and a brilliant last scene.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    e totally makes that long stretch work with his restless scenery-chewing and offbeat charisma. Great casting, because with the wrong actor I would have found this finale too much a dry exposition-fest setting up both next season and MCU's new phase, even if the episode contains some of the season's most striking imagery (in a series full of them) and a brilliant last scene.
    Dude he was captivating! That's not a Marvel fanboy talking it was truly a star is born on screen. I can already see a new unique personality set in the MCU. He's going to be around for a long time (as already confirmed to be in Ant-Man 3)
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

He was definitely doing the "eons-old dude who's been by himself and has gone psychotically daffy" bit, but he was doing it well. Also, he'll probably be a bit more straightforward villainous as Kang proper. But I like him a lot, so I have little doubt he'll kill it.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    The extended stuck-on-a-planet episode was a bit of a slog if I'm being honest
    One of my favorites. The dynamic between the two is great (Sylki shippers loved that episode as well), and it was like a lavish episode of Doctor Who, which I loved.

Majors really appears to be enjoying himself in the role. I'm really looking forward to Kang becoming the next Big Bad for the MCU.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12