Thread: Work Work Work Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Inflation will reset everything.

Also, people who didn't capitalize on the lowest interest rates in 60 years will be kicking themselves when the housing market resets. (notice I didn't say pop)
    But aren't the low interest rates meaningless when the cost of the housing itself is so obscenely high?

The house I grew up in was 300k when my dad bought it (in 91), and is now 1.6 million.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    But aren't the low interest rates meaningless when the cost of the housing itself is so obscenely high?

The house I grew up in was 300k when my dad bought it (in 91), and is now 1.6 million.
    No. Because you'll end up spending more money on the house with a high interest rate and lower housing prices, then you would if you bought with lower interest rates and high housing markets. Add inflation into the mix and you're in a much worse spot then you could have been in.

A difference in interest rate by a point could mean for an additional $50-100k you paid for on a house after 30 years (depending on the market). For my area it's closer to $200-300k.

I was shocked when I looked at my statement this year. I literally just moved last July and the principle on my mortgage is MELTING away because the rate I bought is so good. It hasn't even been a year yet. My previous two homes I never saw the principle move this fast.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?