I don't know about you, but I love words. I love the type of words that when you read them feel like you're biting into a giant loaf of bread. Please post whatever dime, quarter, half-dollar*, dollar, three-dollar words that catch your fancy. To kick off, I came across an article using the word "subcutaneous," which just sounds lush and a little bit dirty. Definition: situated or applied under the skin. Etymology: from the Latin sub (under or below) and cutis (the skin). Taking some transliterational liberties: Beneath the Skin. Which we should all have watched by now.

To be clear: this is not meant to be a pissing contest about who has the biggest vocabulary. Instead, it's meant to be a thread where we put up some interesting words and try to figure out why they're interesting. This absolutely includes non-English words that can be explained in English (bc this is the shitty language we all converse in). Of course, if there happens to be a bit of vernacular grandstanding, that's to be expected... this is a message board after all.

So let's affiliate around Appolonious expression!

* half-dollar ain't such a bad word itself.