Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: the drunk thread....

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Interesting Scar
    http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...l=1#post613268
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I got my Akira blu. Cowboy Bebop. Avatar the Last Airbender. Seven Samurai. Stuff I desperately wanted.

Still waiting on blus of Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair, The Black Hole, (as mentioned) The Abyss DC, True Lies, original Star Wars (I have reconstructed boot cut digital files).

I've long said I'm anti-piracy. I also say if you assholes wont let me buy the product, I feel zero guilt getting it any way I can. I want to give you my money! Let me!

As for stuff like Black Hole that is not super popular, do a crowd funding-ish technique. Get people to prebday. Then you make only what is asked for and you can make money without taking risk.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    It was streaming on HBO a few months back in glorious anamorphic high definition.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-aspect-ratio/
    I just looked on Xfinity and it still is. I dont even have HBO right now and I can watch it. Weiiiiiiiiird.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I just looked on Xfinity and it still is. I dont even have HBO right now and I can watch it. Weiiiiiiiiird.
    I know HBO is streaming some of their classic series for free right now.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Think HBO is doing a free month.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

It's a good news weekend

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Holy hammered last night for fireworks

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Holy hammered last night for fireworks
    Still got all your fingers?

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Still got all your fingers?
    Yep we werent setting any off. Theres this secret little lake campground near me that goes absolutely gonzo on firework displays and you have to know someone to get in. It's literally better than the display the county itself puts on. No traffic, no fuss, its fucking great.

Now tonight my guy that gets us in is going to be putting on HIS show, where appendages are definitely in danger....I dont think I can convince wife to go 2 nights in a row lol.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I enjoyed half of a six pack of some good local beer last night. I also sometimes slum it with Old Milwaukee on occasion.

Quote Quoting DFA1979 (view post)
    I enjoyed half of a six pack of some good local beer last night. I also sometimes slum it with Old Milwaukee on occasion.
    What was the local beer? There’s a few beer ‘snobs’ around here, including myself around here that may be interested.

I haven’t slummed it with Old Milwaukee in a couple decades, but boy howdy, 9 bucks for a thirty pack in college was hard to pass up.

Iowa Brewing Company. They had a New England IPA that I drank over the holiday weekend which I got from a grocery store.

$9 for a 30 pack sounds awesome. And a good deal. Now a days the cheapest one is more like 16 something. I usually get a 12 pack and call it good.

Instagram has been sending me these Milkshake IPA ads over and over again. The ad looks delicious.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

If it is an IPA, I'll try it.

Me too - tho I've never much cared for Black IPAs, and I'm sorta over New England/Hazy IPAs.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Me too - tho I've never much cared for Black IPAs, and I'm sorta over New England/Hazy IPAs.
    Every once in awhile I’ll get a Crowler of Broken Clock Fade to Black IPA as a treat. And yeah, I’d say I’m burned out on the hazies, too.

I haven't had a beer in over a year.

Don't worry, Duke - Scar and I have been picking up the slack.

These summer months I've been gravitating towards the Goses and Kolschs - good easy drinking beers - as well as the Sessions IPAs. Don't know if Bent Paddle gets all the way down to Cedar Rapids, DFA, but if they do, they have a great session IPA named Kanu which is one of my go-to camping beers.

And then, of course, there is Bell's Oberon, the quintessential summer beer, who's virtues I have extolled upon at length on this board.
    Last edited by bac0n; 07-07-2020 at 02:53 PM.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Oh yeah, it’s definitely Kolsch season.

And gin and tonic season...

Yesterday I had a Westvleteren 12, that's quite something.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I've been just doing wine in the last 12 months. Trying to expand my pallet.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Yesterday I had a Westvleteren 12, that's quite something.
    Nope, not jealous. Not one bit.

I don't know if I have had the black IPAs. Probably not. I love the New England ones-that was the one I had over the weekend. However it's only a seasonal beer from Iowa Brew Co.

Don't worry, Duke - Scar and I have been picking up the slack.

These summer months I've been gravitating towards the Goses and Kolschs - good easy drinking beers - as well as the Sessions IPAs. Don't know if Bent Paddle gets all the way down to Cedar Rapids, DFA, but if they do, they have a great session IPA named Kanu which is one of my go-to camping beers.

And then, of course, there is Bell's Oberon, the quintessential summer beer, who's virtues I have extolled upon at length on this board.
    Hmm I'll look for Bent Paddle. Feel like I've heard of them somewhere. Also Bell's is an awesome beer company. I love the Two Hearted Ale and the Official Hazy India Pale Ale.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    IPAs are dunked on a lot by the Internet these days, but to me, they taste delicious. Yazoo's Hop Perfect IPA and Goose Island's are my favorite.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast