Thread: Underrated TV Shows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Taxi was fine but I didn't go out of my way to watch it. Two you haven't mentioned (yet?) are WKRP in Cincinnati and Cheers. I have no idea how well these shows have aged.

Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    Taxi was fine but I didn't go out of my way to watch it. Two you haven't mentioned (yet?) are WKRP in Cincinnati and Cheers. I have no idea how well these shows have aged.
    I honestly haven't seen WKRP in Cincinnati, but I really want to. I've seen an episode or two and liked them, so maybe soon (I'm looking for a sitcom to watch in the evenings when I don't want to think anymore).

Cheers aged really well. My wife was a big fan and I had not seen it, so about five years we watched it and, nearly tip-to-tale, it's great. Easily one of the best ensembles of all time, brimming over with talent and a unique synergy. My only thing is: Cheers is rated very highly (and appropriately so). It is typically in the same conversation as Seinfeld, it's spin-off Frasier, and Friends (blech) when I look at most commentaries and lists.
    Stuff I've Watched out of *****

The Last Duel - ***
    Only Murders in the Building: **
    Squid Games: **.5