Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The feature film will be released in theatres in August.

Then the television series will begin in the fall on the Cartoon Network, then on TnT.

More information can be found here.

Here are the first images from the movie/series...

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Too much of a stretch to say the clone wars shorts were better than Lucas' three films?

I kinda hope not.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Too much of a stretch to say the clone wars shorts were better than Lucas' three films?

I kinda hope not.

Though I wouldn't personally agree, I don't think it's a stretch - I've read many people saying the same thing.

I actually liked the prequels, though thre first two are stylistically nothing like the original trilogy.

Don't get me wrong, neither The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones are particularly good, but I enjoy them all the same.

Revenge of the Sith is the closest to the original trilogy of the latest three. Aside from Hayden Christensen and some crummy dialogue (pretty much anything between Anakin and Padme), I actually think it's a great movie. I'd probably rank it 3rd in the series, behind The Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I'd probably rank it 3rd in the series, behind The Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope
    Well considering the enormous gulf separating those two from the other 4....pretty much anything could be ranked 3rd.

:lol:
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I'm surprised there isn't more interest surrounding a new Star Wars theatrical release.

Is the fact that it's animated deterring people? Because the prequels got ridiculous hype, and the cast was pretty much the only thing not animated in those movies.

i enjoyed the Clone Wars toons but they were more like cool fight clips, maybe that's why they worked so well? i fear the script and acting in longer versions may turn them into an embarrasing mess, but i'm always hopeful for a good SW flick.

Yeah, i never learn.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Pretty cool they invited Ray Park back for these fights .

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The ep was awesome as usual. I hope we get some sort of Solo sequel just so I can maybe see more Ray Park Maul.

Watching ep12 now. This season has been awesome. I freaking love this show. Ashoka (sp?) may be one of my top ten Star Wars characters. The perfect casting for her is Rosario Dawson, and thats the rumor for the Mandalorian season two. Maul's arc has been awesome.

Yes I have the mentality of an adolescent boy.

- - - - -
    At the risk of sounding like one of those r/PrequelMemes weirdos ... the last half of season 5 is great sci-fantasy and terrific melodrama, with some unusually good fight sequences.

The story is just like ... hoooooooooly shit. Granted, it took them 4 seasons to introduce new characters and establish their identities and backstories, and there's plenty of dead weight, too, but still.

Hoooooooooooly shit.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    At the risk of sounding like one of those r/PrequelMemes weirdos ... the last half of season 5 is great sci-fantasy and terrific melodrama, with some unusually good fight sequences.

The story is just like ... hoooooooooly shit. Granted, it took them 4 seasons to introduce new characters and establish their identities and backstories, and there's plenty of dead weight, too, but still.

Hoooooooooooly shit.
    Haven't I been saying it?? Oh yes, I have.

- - - - -
    Annnnnnnd the first 4 episodes of season 6 are also exceptional and deeply fucked up ..... what is with this show

That shows quality trajectory is ever upward.

Irish did you watch The Mandolorian? I feel it took more inspiration from Clone Wars show than just about any other Star War.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    what is with this show
    Had nowhere to go but up. Simple as that.

Oh damn. On episode 4 now. Big shift from the first episode and I'm liking the small scale scope of things.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I am just tickled people are giving this a chance.

Question.

So this takes place during the Clone Wars.

The movies made it very clear that the whole point of the Clone Army was so they could initiate Order 66 and that army becomes the Empire.

So what are they farting around for through 7 seasons of this? Where did these other giant ships come from that Grievous controls? He's already working with Dooku? They have the droid army. So why don't they imitate order 66 now and combine forces?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Question.

So this takes place during the Clone Wars.

The movies made it very clear that the whole point of the Clone Army was so they could initiate Order 66 and that army becomes the Empire.

So what are they farting around for through 7 seasons of this? Where did these other giant ships come from that Grievous controls? He's already working with Dooku? They have the droid army. So why don't they imitate order 66 now and combine forces?
    I think they need to wait until they have enough systems/planets under clone control. There's enough Separatists to mount a legit "battle for the throne", (if you will), so they need to get that number down so when they pull the big trigger its too late for anyone to do anything. Consider: other than ninja, Jedi have to be about the toughest to take down, let alone surprise...especially hundreds of them. It has to be fast, immediate, and a total surprise. Now that I think about it...spreading the Jedi across the galaxy may be part of the plan as well.

Episode 4: Obi Wan does some cool shit vs Battle Destroyers, skirting around them (since they can only fire in one direction and cannot maneuver quickly) and using their shield to his advantage from cover fire and then using force push to push the droids into the enemy. I would have liked to see that in live action.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    ..spreading the Jedi across the galaxy may be part of the plan as well.
    and LOL Episode 5 in the first 15 seconds...narrator: "As the War escalates on the Outter Rim, the Jedi Knights are spready thinly across the galaxy"

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So what are they farting around for through 7 seasons of this?
    Because otherwise there would be no TV show.

ETA: I read somewhere the cartoon takes place sometime between the 2nd and 3rd prequel movie. So the timeline is more condensed than 6 full seasons (and a reboot) would otherwise suggest.

I believe thats pretty correct, but the last revival season must be after Episode 3.

I'm sure i'm going to find a lot of inconsistencies as I continue watching. STAY TUNED!

Episode 5-7; I didn't' think they could give personalities to the clones but they DID! Hey now Rex.

I've been enjoying the updates. Keep em comin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast