View Poll Results: Here we go

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • An Improvemente

10 90.91%
  • Still Bad

1 9.09%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zack Snyder's Justice League (Implied)

I watched it again. I'm still not ready to rate it, because again I feel the distance between it and Whedons shitty movie is so big its jarring.

What the literal fuck is with the dream sequence after the epilogue? Did Snyder just include anything that he thought of with no thought for pacing or rhythm?

Quote Quoting Mr. McGibblets (view post)
    What the literal fuck is with the dream sequence after the epilogue? Did Snyder just include anything that he thought of with no thought for pacing or rhythm?
    Well, he doesn't have a very good sense of pacing in general, but I also think the epilogue was just there to leave enough breadcrumb-teases of potential future movies to motivate his fans to keep harassing WB until they cough up the dough he needs to keep his version of the DCEU going; I know it's a pretty cynical take, but that's honestly the first thing that comes to mind to me.

I don't think his motivation was to induce his fans to harass WB for another job as much as show a bit of where it was all headed as he pitched it since Man of Steel.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    Well, he doesn't have a very good sense of pacing in general, but I also think the epilogue was just there to leave enough breadcrumb-teases of potential future movies to motivate his fans to keep harassing WB until they cough up the dough he needs to keep his version of the DCEU going; I know it's a pretty cynical take, but that's honestly the first thing that comes to mind to me.
    That's the only reason that exists.... "here's what i was going to do for part 2"
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I commend Snyder for having a singular vision planned out from the get go.

He had significantly more forethought than all of WB/DC it seems.

It just happens that I am not into his take on the world or characters at all. Not my thing, didn't work for me.

But I totally respect that he had genuine inspiration for all of this.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I don't think his motivation was to induce his fans to harass WB for another job as much as show a bit of where it was all headed as he pitched it since Man of Steel.
    Of course, but my point is that he put those teases in his cut of Justice League partly in order to not-so-subtly encourage his supporters to keep bugging WB, so they can eventually see those teases become future films; they certainly weren't there because the film needed them to feel complete, as even Snyder's storytelling doesn't tend to be as blatantly incoherent as that epilogue was.

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    It's just so clunkily appended to the story (post-epilogue). It would have worked much better simply by doing 30 seconds of credits, then the Arkham and Luthor scenes, then another minute or two of credits before the dream.

This was not good. At all.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123