Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chicken Sandwich

I got the Crispy Chicken Deluxe from Mcdonalds. Deluxe means tomato? Kinda soggy like Eric mentioned. Flavorless bites. There’s seasoning but ugh, nothing crave able about this sandwich. Bun, tomato, lettuce quality was good. But meh! 5/10

Quote Quoting Zac Efron (view post)
    I got the Crispy Chicken Deluxe from Mcdonalds. Deluxe means tomato? Kinda soggy like Eric mentioned. Flavorless bites. There’s seasoning but ugh, nothing crave able about this sandwich. Bun, tomato, lettuce quality was good. But meh! 5/10
    Yeah, I had one of those recently, and all I could think while eating it was, "what's so 'deluxe' about this? Why did I spend an extra dollar for it?". Next time, I'll just get the spicy chicken, like usual.

Tomatoes and chicken sandwiches don't seem to mix for some reason.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I put tomato on a chicken sandwich or turkey burger. More veg all day.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Tomatoes and chicken sandwiches don't seem to mix for some reason.
    Huh cause I like tomatoes on chicken sandwiches. Makes me miss the ones from my favorite bar, which is currently rebuilding after that damn land hurricane trashed it last year.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

What I ordered: Spicy Jalapeño Popper Sandwich

What I got:

Its amazing how every fast food restaurant in my small town goes straight to shit after a month of opening. Lazy redneck worthless fucks.

Haha the one time I got that sandwich, it looked like that too, but with way more melted, gooey cheese mess. But it tasted great! I might get it again some time.
    Last edited by Mal; 03-21-2021 at 03:11 PM.

It was still good because their spicy chicken is good, but it wasn't much different than a regular. Like 2.5 broke dick jalapenos. I stacked my son's lettuce and tomato on it too (he always picks that off his burger, the lettuce was sad but it helped).

I tried the new KFC spicy chicken sandwich. Apparently the regular sandwich has tons of mayo, but this didn't have any -- just the spicy sauce, which had a nice level of heat. The chicken was good, but there were sizable chunks of fried breading with no chicken on the sides, which I didn't enjoy. Overall it was a fine sandwich. It's getting kind of hard for me to differentiate between all these competitors.

Biggest takeaway was... when did KFC's fries become so delicious?

I tweeted at Wendys. I hate doing that because its so petty, but fuck it. Examining those pics further I realized there wasn't even cheese on the fucker. God I hate this town.

Never been a fan of Wendy's. Buns are too sweet. Tomatoes are never ripe.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I like Wendy's nuggets a lot. Their sandwiches are ok.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Wendy's is my default fast food, so I'll get their nuggets. But I don't really enjoy them. They're rubbery. Better than BK nuggets, but that's like a cat turd being better than a dog turd. McDonalds does have better, crispy nuggets, but I never get them because Wendy's has better sauces.

Am I going to have to take a bullet for the site and try one of Arby's chicken sammies? I noticed nobody's even brought them up.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Am I going to have to take a bullet for the site and try one of Arby's chicken sammies? I noticed nobody's even brought them up.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I think it's a running joke, but I've never seen anyone actually eat Arby's, although there's apparently a good Arby's sauce.

So yes!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Their gyro is decent, and I’ve destroyed several of their turkey bacon club sandwiches.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I've had many of their chicken bacon something sandwich. It was damn good...but its been many years since I've had it. I usually go roast beef at Arbys, but I've also snagged their buffalo chicken slider a few times in the last year. Its good...buffalo is upper medium, surprisingly spicy for a fast food place.

When I go to Arby's, I usually get the beef and cheddar. And a whole shit-ton of napkins.

"Did I eat it or rub it all over my face?"
    -Jim Gaffigan on Arby's food.

BIRDCALL

Class: Indie (less than a dozen in Denver). You order from a kiosk, you see your name on a LED screen with a countdown, and it appears in a box ready to go when the countdown is over.

CRUNCH: 2.5
    Very similar to McDonald's, this was the Nashville Hot Chicken and I think it was fried just a little too long.

CHICKEN FLAVOR: 2.5
    Again, not very juicy, overly cooked. Bad day at Birdcall. I've had better.

Alternate - 2.5
    A little bit spicy? Certainly no Nashville.

Bread - 2
    Pretty standard.

This place either has gone down the tubes or it was just a bad day. They also have a Southern Chicken that has coleslaw and pimento cheese, and a few others. I'm going to chalk it up as just a bad day, but you're only as good as your last chicken sandwich.

TOTAL: 9.5 - 59%

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

REBEL CHICKEN'S "Firebird" - Denver, CO

Class: Indie - Winner of Denver's "Best Chicken Sandwich," I've had this on my list of places to go for quite sometime. Now that we have a chicken sandwich thread, I made a choice to go out of my way for a visit.

CRUNCH: 3.5
    Absolutely a crunch, but not overly breaded, and certainly not soggy. THe breading is good. Kind of what you're looking for.

CHICKEN FLAVOR: 4
    Every bite was delicious with this chicken. Without the sauce, it would probably still be perfect.

Alternate - 4
    But the spice was just perfect. "Spicy" without being painful. the coleslaw was a perfect compliment to it too without trying to be its own thing. The spicy flavor almost seemed to have a fruity taste to it.

Bread - 4
    My picture doesn't do it, but the bread somehow seems to be holdable without being greasy, but the second it goes into your mouth, it seems to melt away. Buttery indeed, but you didn't need ten napkins to get it off your hands after.

TOTAL: 15.5 - 96.8%

Finally a chicken sandwich for this thread to get behind. These are the types that will keep you ordering chicken sandwiches for years to come. While a bit pricey at $11.99, it's certainly worth it. It's located in an area that I don't typically visit, so future destination visits will simply have to be made in the "highlands" part of Denver.

Highlands is a great spot, but it's just a few blocks away from where I would normally go.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Man...a chicken sandie with coleslaw, hell yeah

I like that our sandwich ratings are starting to all come together after just a week.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Much like Popeye’s, nearest location is about an hour away

I’m worried about your health Eric!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast