Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Marvel)

Producer
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    sub 30 min episodes felt so cheap
    Wut
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Wut
    I feel cheated with a 22 minute WV episode.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Yes that was a great episode. And that closing shot is pretty nasty and a bit shocking.

[
    ]
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Pretty great episode. Lotta stuff accomplished. Awesome [] Finale should be fun.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Ep 4 [
    ]

I thought it was perfect. The US does a lot of atrocious shit covertly all the time, but always makes a huge fuss about anything that's been in public or caught on camera.

Also, as always, I shake my bead at the brash way Hollywood keeps treating international audiences, especially companies like Netflix who make these shows for a global audience... The little (and not so little) details just keep ruining the immersion. Like - I know Sokovia is supposed to be a weird vaguely Eastern European country, but my god all of it is so lazily done. Sokovians speak in this weird mix of Russian and Romanian or something, while all the signage is done in perfect Serbian cyrillic script and language. The text on the Sokovia memorial reads literally "In memory of the people of Sokovia" in Serbian. The warehouse (with all the forklifts) fight was shot most likely in Prague, but several large signs had Turkish(?!) branding on them? I don't get it.

In "Borat 2", Cohen lampshades this by having Borat speaking Hebrew and his daughter speaking pure Bulgarian (two languages that have literally nothing in common) implying that the English speaking world wouldn't know the difference and he was right.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Pretty great episode. Lotta stuff accomplished. Awesome [] Finale should be fun.
    Makes me question whether it was actually a []or not. I suspect a [
    ]. And I suspect ties [
    ]e.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Producer
    Word is that the cameo is supposed to appear in the film [
    ] but that gets COVID-scheduled around so this is their first appearance instead. I don't mind the current way as a drop-in for the character/power tease , but I get the original plan would have had it make more sense about their function immediately?
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Word is that the cameo is supposed to appear in the film [
    ] but that gets COVID-scheduled around so this is their first appearance instead. I don't mind the current way as a drop-in for the character/power tease , but I get the original plan would have had it make more sense about their function immediately?
    If that's true, a Thunderbolts film/series is absolutely going to happen. Power Broker, Ross, Zemo, Walker, and Yelena Belova. If they really want to get crazy. Ghost, Hammer and Abomination

Producer
    Wait, maybe we are talking of different person? By cameo I mean [
    ], although I barely know any Marvel lore outsides of the film so maybe what you said applies to the person as well.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Wait, maybe we are talking of different person? By cameo I mean [
    ], although I barely know any Marvel lore outsides of the film so maybe what you said applies to the person as well.
    We're talking about the same person.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    If that's true, a Thunderbolts film/series is absolutely going to happen. Power Broker, Ross, Zemo, Walker, and Yelena Belova. If they really want to get crazy. Ghost, Hammer and Abomination
    They already have Ghost in the MCU so I'd say it's a given. Maybe this is how they also bring Deadpool in?

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    They already have Ghost in the MCU so I'd say it's a given. Maybe this is how they also bring Deadpool in?
    They already have Hammer and Abomination too, that was my point. But they are from different franchises where as the first names on the list can be all tied directly.

I thought it was perfect. The US does a lot of atrocious shit covertly all the time, but always makes a huge fuss about anything that's been in public or caught on camera.
    I understand that, but Bucky and Sam were appalled at the act.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I understand that, but Bucky and Sam were appalled at the act.
    I think it had more to do with the murder weapon and the fact that it was the wrong guy.

I think it had more to do with the murder weapon and the fact that it was the wrong guy.
    Yeah I get that. But the guy was still a terrorist (according to the show's rules). I just think its weird they act so horrified when they gleefully killed plenty of people themselves.

Gleefully? I mean sure, there were standard nameless bad guys who attacked them, but I don't remember the glee. And I'm the last person to justify US imperialist tendencies.

Gleefully? I mean sure, there were standard nameless bad guys who attacked them, but I don't remember the glee. And I'm the last person to justify US imperialist tendencies.
    Yeah me either, but they seemed pretty happy with themselves blowing up helicopters of dudes...

Pretty good finale, with some hiccups. I'm a sucker for a big sappy speech, unrealistic as it may be. Marvel just allowing [
    ], I guess, illogical as it may be playing out this way. I liked the comparatively lower-key stakes, given the usual world-ending finales of most Marvel, kind of like the second Ant-Man. Overall, I think this was a fantastic show. Some of the racial angles were blunt as fuck, but I kind of appreciated that. I think it works well and is quite affecting. I have been continuously impressed by how much Sam wants to be the guy who can talk things out rather than kill. He's a strong character and I like how much room he's given to show it. Mackie and Stan did great jobs throughout.

EDIT: Also I love how tetchy JLD's character is. Makes a nice mirror to Fury.
    Last edited by Wryan; 04-23-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Enjoyed the last episode. Agree, couple hiccups, but still a good closer.

As if there was any doubt or need for no spoilers

hell yeah

What an underwhelming final episode.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Episode 5 was fantastic. I'm watching the 6th episode now.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Producer
    Hoping it's not a trend for Marvel series to have comparatively underwhelming finales. At least this doesn't fall flat on its face like I found Wandavision's, and although nothing reaches the high points of that show's first few episodes, it's more consistent throughout to me.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast