Truly wracking my brain to think of the last time I laughed this much with a new comedy (my first and clearest thought being Popstar, which somehow, horrifyingly, was already six years ago), and because of that, my only feelings resembling negatives or regrets towards this movie are that I watched it alone at home and not in a theatre with a raucously giddy audience. Hopefully someday....

What a perfectly absurd delight. If studios want any tips or reminders as to the type of comedies they should be greenlighting these days, just point to this, as the very fact that it has no prior blueprint or obvious direct comparison should be exactly the point. Just trust the talent and track record. The objective of every sequence in this movie seems to be to set you up into feeling like you've comfortably settled into its groove, feeling like you've gotten a good grasp on its schtick, and then instantly serving you a freshly insane device to roll into its greater self like a cinematic Katamari Damacy ball. I simply cannot admire it enough.

I really, really hope it doesn't take Wiig and Mumolo another decade to get their next script produced, because I know if this can sneak up on us and deliver like it does (and, dare I say, I already like this even more than their hallowed previous movie, though I now admire each of them even more for their differences) then I'll take even a half-baked showcase of their creative instincts immediately.