Thread: Hi Everybody, Remember Me?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Everybody, Remember Me?

Hi, everybody, remember me? I left Match Cut five years ago, according to my post history. I left for reasons I can no longer remember. I do remember being in an extremely toxic headspace around that time, so that probably had a lot to do with it. I was going down a very dark road and cutting contact with a lot of friends. I haven't gone through my post history here, but I suspect I was being pretty dickish near the end, too. I'm happy to say my better instincts won and I sought help. I've been through some rigorous therapy and I've come out the other side in a pretty good place.

Tonight I watched Underwater, per bac0n and Scar's recommendations. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I AM a sucker for a cool monster. Then on a whim I came over here, and wouldn't you know it, the banner is the same damn movie. I've been reconsidering attempting to reconnect with some of the people/places that I abandoned when I was in my bad place. And I saw that it was still active around here, so I figured I'd jump on and say hello. Ideally, I'd like to just kind of jump in like nothing ever happened. I don't really feel like I'm the same person I was 5 years ago, or even 15 years ago. Depression was a sonuvabitch.

So, hello again. If you and I clashed in the past and maybe I said some shitty things to you, I do apologize. I hope we can let that be water under the bridge.

-Mike
    Last edited by Spun Lepton; 12-28-2020 at 02:40 AM.