Thread: The Wire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'll bet that Bubbles will be the first actor to get nominated from the Wire for what he'll go through this season.

It'll be well-deserved, but overlooked at the same time because many other performances should've been nominated already, especially last season with Carcetti and the boys.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

i just finished watching season 1. without a doubt the greatest season of any television show i've ever seen. every aspect of the show is absolutely top notch. this season would hang with most great movies i've seen this decade. something i couldn't think of saying about any other show. and it actually changed the way i look at the world. which i think is as big a compliment as you can pay to any work of art.

Before, I'd seen the next three seasons, ledfloyd, I was saying the same thing. It's really quite phenomenal, isn't it?

Watching Season 4 again. So good. Oh, so good.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

i'm a few episodes into season 2. it's definitely slightly less intense. of course it's still early. i dunno if the dock stuff is as exciting as the pit was. but ziggy is funny as hell. the only thing that i kinda felt negative about was how the "team" miraculously got reunited. seemed like too many strings had to be pulled plotwise. first thing in the show that hasn't felt natural IMO.

Man, I wonder if the kids are going to drop out for Season 5. It would be a shame to see them go.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

So, Amazon's got some The Wire prequels up. Three short vignettes, adding some extra back story to four characters.

Right here, everyone.

I guess they'll be on HBO OnDemand soon enough and will be airing after episodes, as well.

The only one I really liked was the Omar one.