5 100.00%

Thread: The New Mutants (Josh Boone)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

The New Mutants (Josh Boone)

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Producer
    A teen horror superhero film in which writer/director Josh Boone is capable in only the first out of those three genres -- the few scenes that the kids hang out together are the best, most assured in the film. Alas, both horror and superhero aspects, which take up the majority of running time, are severely lacking both imaginatively and in execution, with the most "just there" special effects in quite some time. Even Dark Phoenix manages more striking imagery and involving action scenes than this. 4/10
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    You forget to mention this is clearly the worst X-Menverse film since 01. Worse than both Wolverine films. Worse than X3. Worse than Dark Phoenix. Worse than Apocalypse. The narrative makes no sense and the kids relationships make even less sense. Kids are fighting with each other in one scene, and are weirdly dancing in a hallway together in the very next scene. There's no sense of dread or fear because the audience doesn't know what the fuck is going on... so what is there to fear? The finale is last ditch effort to appeal to a superhero minded audience. No wonder the studio wasn't itching to release this.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I don't know why I felt compelled to finish out the Fox franchise but I did and it's over now and good riddance. What a mess.

(This one is particularly frustrating because I thought the concept could have worked, but it's just so poorly calculated every step of the way.)
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    I don't know why I felt compelled to finish out the Fox franchise but I did and it's over now and good riddance. What a mess.

(This one is particularly frustrating because I thought the concept could have worked, but it's just so poorly calculated every step of the way.)
    Seems as though the X films should've died with Logan, huh?

Anya Taylor Joy's bangs are cute. That's all I got.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Holy fuckballs was this bad

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    You forget to mention this is clearly the worst X-Menverse film since 01. Worse than both Wolverine films. Worse than X3. Worse than Dark Phoenix. Worse than Apocalypse. The narrative makes no sense and the kids relationships make even less sense. Kids are fighting with each other in one scene, and are weirdly dancing in a hallway together in the very next scene. There's no sense of dread or fear because the audience doesn't know what the fuck is going on... so what is there to fear? The finale is last ditch effort to appeal to a superhero minded audience. No wonder the studio wasn't itching to release this.
    Can't rep, but this is all facts.

Why does everyone have an accent? All different?
    Last edited by Skitch; 04-14-2021 at 07:22 PM.