Thread: Expanse (Season 5)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Producer
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Wouldn't be so sure about that.

This has been some of the best world building I've seen in a series. Super bummed they are ending it, what appears to be, early.

https://deadline.com/2020/11/the-exp...ng-1234621032/
    My first thought is that finally I would get to read the books sooner than I expected. Then I was similarly worried if it means shortchanging the narrative in some ways, so I take a peep at the TV group I am in with people who have read the book. And I think I'm reassured? Their comments: "This seemingly means they decided to not figure out how they would do books 7-9." "yeah, it seems like the most obvious choice. It would be very hard to adapt the final books so I don’t fault them for not going for it." "At first I was annoyed they were not able to adapt all the books, but to be honest book 6 has a pretty definitive ending and would probably be a satisfying place to finish."

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It got good when it hit Amazon
    But that's only last season, and season 4 is the weakest! (though still very good)
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Producer
    Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    M]But that's only last season, and season 4 is the weakest! (though still very good)
    I forgot, second weakest*. After I replied to Yxklyx I remembered Season 1 hadn't convinced me yet it's anything special.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5