Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Political Thread - Sodom and Gomorrah

2020 Political Thread - Sodom and Gomorrah

Where will I be wrong??

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

BTW, that comes out to 269-269, which I think will just fit right in with 2020.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I checked 538 and while I do need to look at others save for one poll all of them have Biden now losing to Trump in Iowa. Either way I'm wasting my vote on Howie Hawkins and down voting for Iowa Dems.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

Where will I be wrong??
    Arizona
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting DFA1979 (view post)
    I checked 538 and while I do need to look at others save for one poll all of them have Biden now losing to Trump in Iowa. Either way I'm wasting my vote on Howie Hawkins and down voting for Iowa Dems.
    Dude, this is not the year to "waste your vote". Iowa typically goes red, but it's always only slightly. The only way I can see this whole mess ending well is if Trump loses badly, meaning he loses states like Iowa and Wisconsin that typically vote for the republican.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Is it still considered a fopaux to ask someone who you're voting for? Even in these times? I thought for sure MC would be 100% Biden here.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Not to be smug about it, but it's really nice living in a country where the election campaign lasts thirty days (instead of forever).
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

The worst of it is in Iowa, which seeing as it is the first state to vote in their primaries, ALL the candidates are running ads there ALL the time. I was visiting friends outside of Des Moines LAST summer, and every other ad was a political ad. It's maddening.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    The worst of it is in Iowa, which seeing as it is the first state to vote in their primaries, ALL the candidates are running ads there ALL the time. I was visiting friends outside of Des Moines LAST summer, and every other ad was a political ad. It's maddening.
    Oh, that's another good thing about Canada: We don't have primaries. The members of each party get together and sort it out amongst themselves over the weekend. In the last federal election, the Conservatives did poorly in part because no one outside the party faithful even knew who their leader was. He quietly resigned after the election (no one shed a tear at his passing) and he's since been replaced by another charisma-less white guy in a cheap suit whose name no one knows and whose policies are a mystery.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Is it still considered a fopaux to ask someone who you're voting for? Even in these times? I thought for sure MC would be 100% Biden here.
    I don't know, but I feel like "Thats my business" should be an acceptable answer. Thats what I say...but I'm surrounded by billboards and flags for Trump, and these fuckos will light your house on fire around here. They literally talk about hunting down democrats and shooting them. I'm not exaggerating.

A few weeks ago I saw someone down the road with a rather larger Trump sign on his camper. First thing I thought was that he’d better take that down, or based on the neighborhood, he might get torched.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...rning-it-down/
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    A few weeks ago I saw someone down the road with a rather larger Trump sign on his camper. First thing I thought was that he’d better take that down, or based on the neighborhood, he might get torched.

Was going to say the same thing. It's equally bad on both ends. Heck, even if you say, "Not your business who I vote for," you'll probably be given shame.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)

same energy

Producer
    I’m not even that knowledgable in US politics, but the thought of someone spray-painting Biden’s name and anarchist symbol together is hysterical.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Was walking the doggos with the wifey around 9:15 tonite in my pleasant south Minneapolis neighborhood. We are walking the boys east along 49th, when a very purposefully walking white male, I would guess early to mid 30s, emerges from the alley, very purposefully looking at his phone.

Out of politeness, not willing to assume the worst in anybody, I instinctively say howdy, as he marches by, no reaction, head down, not acknowledging my existence at all, on down the street. It takes my wife less time to realize than I how fucked up it is for a guy to just be walking down a dark alley on a dusk Friday.

We look back at him walking, still at a fast clip, south toward the parkway, where the woods are, where a lot of -sorry, can't think of a word which adequately articulates my spite towards these shit persons - staged their stuff during the terrorism that followed the George Floyd Protests. We stop, look back at where he is going. South toward the parkway. He sees us looking at him. He then disappears around the corner.

In any other time, it would be maybe enough to furrow any eyebrow, but these are not normal times. Stay vigilant, people.

Dude, this is not the year to "waste your vote". Iowa typically goes red, but it's always only slightly. The only way I can see this whole mess ending well is if Trump loses badly, meaning he loses states like Iowa and Wisconsin that typically vote for the republican.
    It's my vote, Biden has done nothing to earn it and the only reason I'm not registering as an independent again is because I don't want the GOP to send me shit. Also tired of how the Dems treat the left. Iowa won't go for Biden but I can try to help them take back Congress which is a more likely goal. I think Trump wins another four years because this country loves racism and tax cuts.
    Last edited by DFA1979; 09-26-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

I disagree as it gives people time to look over the candidates in a crowded election year such as this one for the Democratic field. Yes the ads did get annoying but I liked that I was able to gather my thoughts and decide between Warren and Bernie (I went with Bernie again). As for the general while I've made up my mind not everyone has and undecided people do exist. Not everyone falls into either camp and none of the above outranked everyone in 2016. Maybe both parties are not sending us their best.
    Last edited by DFA1979; 09-26-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Quote Quoting DFA1979 (view post)
    Also tired of how the Dems treat the left.
    But not tired enough of how the Republicans treat the left to vote against one of the most incompetent leaders America has ever produced? Change is incremental. Letting people further away from your ideology win because the person closer to your ideology isnt close enough just means that what you want is going to drift further and further away. If Trump wins again, I can’t see the Democrats winning again for decades because the next Republican up will be just as right wing, but more presentable to independents, and that will be that.

So I would change your last sentence to “the country loves racism, tax cuts, and giving up”
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

I'm sorry if I'm having a super dumb moment here but...aren't Democrats the left?

Theres no such thing as wasting a vote unless you don't submit one. Even if its blank.

I would like to ask a few Democrat supporters in the US who refused to vote for Clinton or who voted for Trump as some kind of protest how allowing Donald fucking Trump to seat three Supreme Court justices helps them in the long term.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Sigh, why do I see a commune on the Family Scar property in the future?

And yes, Bac0n, our favorite cop is looking at buying property near by, if not adjacent.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Favorite? as in, not favorite?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Favorite? as in, not favorite?
    Favorite as in one of the best men from my wedding.

That's awesome. Did he live far away before, or just moving closer?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast