Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian (Season 2)

The spider episode! Ha. It's so away from the story, but I dug it. Similar to last season's monster episode. I like that he randomly shot ones that had no chance of being close to him either.

The Heiress. This one was just okay. It was cool seeing the takedown of the starship, but I don't really understand why the Octopus-guys had anything against The Child/Mando to try and kill them. Just odd.

Unfortunately, I've been spoiled on Skywalker arriving, but know nothing else.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

A Grand Admiral Thrawn namedrop!!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The Siege: Directed by Carl Weathers is awesome.

The Jedi: I haven't seen the Clone Wars, so I don't know much about Ahsoka Tano, but that was a heck of an episode.

The Tragedy: Didn't think this would happen. Figured it was just a cameo. I like it though.

The Believer: Hahaha, Burr's back. It's still so Burr that I can't really take him too seriously, but the whole raid by the Pirates was awesome at least, and the Slave I ship in action is cool too.

Again, standby that they know how to use fan service.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

Again, standby that they know how to use fan service.
    agreed.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Burr at that breakroom table was my favorite scene of season 2.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Yeh I laughed pretty hard at that.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Finished. I feel like they tried to give Luke Skywalker the "Darth Vader Rogue 1" feel, but it wasn't nearly as good. If anything, how the hell did Luke know to go there? This was far away from the location that Grogu had sat on that rock thing. He also just looked... Odd. I almost didn't think it was Mark Hamill as Luke.

The show has a trend of "just when things are about to end, something happens last minute" but the Luke Skywalker X-Wing is the most farfetched of the whole season. Everything else worked in some context or didn't feel forced.

Overall, I highly approve of the first seven episodes and the general approach to the rescue otherwise. It definitely catered to more fan service this season, but it still all worked (besides Luke).

Whatever they feed people in Jabba's Palace sure adds the pounds. Boba better fire that chef or that armor isn't going to fit.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The Siege: Directed by Carl Weathers is awesome.
    What pissed me off was that twice the enemy's crosshairs lit up bright red, indicating a hit was inevitable as per the way these things work, but nope. I know the empire's masterful at hitting diddly squat, but this was a cheat. Here's a suggestion, which of course no one that matters Will ever read, but how about moving away from that stereotype and actually having enemies that can hit something?

Not that the episode wasn't sorta fun and action-packed, but I didn't find it thrilling. There is so little built up, so little development. It's literally Carga saying 'there's this thing, let's go there and cause some ruckus'. It's basically a side quest on an Assassin's Creed world map.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    I loved that part. Reminded me of Django Unchained when [
    ]

I think Season 1 was better but I really enjoyed Season 2. I'm curious about what Season 3 will be like. And man did that final scene tug on my emotions a bit.

I'm not sure about a Fett spinoff. We'll see.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Wonder when Mando even goes for Season 3 at this point now that Grogu has gone off for training.

Does this also mean that Grogu dies when Kylo revolts?? *I'm sure this will be a season*

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Wonder when Mando even goes for Season 3 at this point now that Grogu has gone off for training.

Does this also mean that Grogu dies when Kylo revolts?? *I'm sure this will be a season*
    Half the season he chases bounties and there are hints of an "organization". Half way through season he gets some real info from a bounty, the "organization" is hunting Grogu. Time to go find Grogu and warn the teacher. Rest of season. Final ep, cliffhanger.

Half the season he chases bounties and there are hints of an "organization". Half way through season he gets some real info from a bounty, the "organization" is hunting Grogu. Time to go find Grogu and warn the teacher. Rest of season. Final ep, cliffhanger.
    Better yet, who do we want to see next season?

Would totally be fine if they were to hire him to rescue other "Force Strong" individuals to bring to the Academy.

My list:
    1)Dengar

That's the list.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Orphan broom kids parents.

*runs*

Oh maybe also when he finds Grogu, Ahsoka shows up at same time and her and Luke have a low key fight because they dont know each other.

But Mace Windu steps in at last second and stops them both! Eh? Eh??

I cant believe Hollywood hasnt hired me yet. /sarcasm

Yeh they kind of written themselves into a wall. I'd rather the show NOT revolve around Grogu.

Speaking of which, my life size sideshows collectible showed up last week.

I wonder if The Book of Boba Fett will just be a collection of individual stories, or if it picks up with him taking over the Palace. As it stands, he's not too interesting going forward in the current timeline. Would find it more interesting to see his escape from the Sarlaac and why the Palace obviously means a lot to him.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Anyone care about Gina Carano being dropped/cancelled?

No, because she hasn't actually been "cancelled", she's just facing reasonable consequences for making offensive statements, and they never should've hired a Sandy Hook truther on that show in the first place anyway.

A pretty non-descript character who pops in now and then to look tough and beat people up. I didn't mind Gina or the character, but she won't be missed by me.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

She had a good thing going. Dummy should know better. You work for the most PC company on the fuxking planet.

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    and they never should've hired a Sandy Hook truther on that show in the first place anyway.
    Holy shit shes that too?? I'm mostly offended these articles keep calling her an actress. When you have to be overdubbed in a whole movie starring YOU, it's because you blow. I'm baffled she ever got another job acting after that shitshow.

Producer
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Who does she have dirt on that Hollywood keeps trying to make her a star? She literally awful in everything shes been in. Dont get me wrong, shes a fucking fighter, and if forced in a ring with her I would shit my pants and climb the walls like Split trying to escape, but even less than double digit length word dialogue bits shes AWFUL.

She couldnt say "hi I'm gina" in a movie without sounding awkward and weird and unnatural.
    Last edited by Skitch; 02-11-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Holy shit shes that too??
    Holocaust denial, anti-vaccine, COVID misinformation, "election fraud" theories, Epstein... She covered all the bases.

Who does she have dirt on that Hollywood keeps trying to make her a star? She literally awful in everything shes been in. Dont get me wrong, shes a fucking fighter, and if forced in a ring with her I would shit my pants and climb the walls like Split trying to escape, but even less than double digit length word dialogue bits shes AWFUL.
    Haywire was pretty good.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast