Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian (Season 2)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

The Mandalorian (Season 2)

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I feel like this came so quick!

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Was looking for a glimpse of Olyphant or Biehn but nothing.

I was lukewarm on S1, but the last Waititi-helmed episode made a lot of amends so sure why not.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I feel like this came so quick!
    [
    ]

More excited for this than I ever was for Rise of Skywalker.

That's not to say much... so I'll still say that I'm pretty excited for this.

I'll sign up for Disney+ when this is all viewable, and Soul. That's all I'll need for my one month with that service

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Can't wait for the memes. But if they utter the word "Skywalker" just once at any point during this show, I'm gonna have to subtract a star. This is the way.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    If it wasn't for my wifi issues I would be done with S1 by now. On the 7th episode.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

So can't binge this season. Bummer. First episode was pretty good. Love the western mood.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Can't wait for the memes. But if they utter the word "Skywalker" just once at any point during this show, I'm gonna have to subtract a star. This is the way.
    Feels like this is inevitable.

Producer
    I mildly enjoyed Season 1's episodic nature as a change of mode for appointment TV well enough, but I find this premiere better than all of last season except the finale. It feels like they start to figure out how to write more engaging one-off stories among season-long arc here. Plus, that dragon and all the action around it are pretty spectacular, with Timothy Olyphant as Space Raylan Givens ("I guess every once in a while, both suns shine on a womp rat’s tail") just the cherry on top.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Meh episode 2. 100% filler. I dont need a major set piece every episode. Just progress the story please.

Producer
    Already gonna be a better season if the big picture plan here is to have one giant monster per episode.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Producer
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

I did notice it was directed by Peyton Reed, but not sure how I missed the giant Ant reference.

Meh episode 2. 100% filler. I dont need a major set piece every episode. Just progress the story please.
    I don't know about filler...but man was that a step down from first ep of season. It was half an episode! Credits rolled and I was like, huh?? Could have very easily continued the story another half hour. Did they make it there? Did they find the husband? That was odd. It was still enjoyable, but we only saw half the story!

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I don't know about filler...but man was that a step down from first ep of season. It was half an episode! Credits rolled and I was like, huh?? Could have very easily continued the story another half hour. Did they make it there? Did they find the husband? That was odd. It was still enjoyable, but we only saw half the story!
    They could have easily thrown some additional dialog in there that explained more about why the X-Wings needed him to comply. I didn't understand that confrontation at all. Why run?

They could have easily thrown some additional dialog in there that explained more about why the X-Wings needed him to comply. I didn't understand that confrontation at all. Why run?
    Yeah I didn't get that either. Did you have contact with some...thing...boom gone. Huh? I also found it weird that in the second confrontation with the X-Wings when they saved him, he asked for help and they left him. That didn't float with my childhood notion of Star Wars rebel/imperial right and wrong.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Yeah I didn't get that either. Did you have contact with some...thing...boom gone. Huh? I also found it weird that in the second confrontation with the X-Wings when they saved him, he asked for help and they left him. That didn't float with my childhood notion of Star Wars rebel/imperial right and wrong.
    I took that as one of those things where all ships have an emergency airlock in the cockpit that is always airtight. Kind of like how ever car has a spare tire. So them leaving was more like: "Put on your spare tire and drive the speed limit and you'll be fine".

But of course, the open hull would incinerate everything in the ship upon reentry to a planet.

Agree with the criticisms. The tone was also just weird. I was horrified by Baby Yoda eating that woman's eggs. Seemed obvious that they wanted us to sympathize with her desperation since they went out of their way to include a heartfelt scene of her pleading to Mando to help her or her entire line would be extinct. And then they close with a scene of Baby Yoda popping another one of her babies in his mouth. So, I was supposed to think that was...cute and precious?

I remain unconvinced that this show is good. I enjoy it, but am frustrated with the pedestrian writing in almost every single episode. They needed to change something up this season. The novelty of Baby Yoda has worn off and they can't ride his coattails anymore. The more they don't realize that, the more its flaws will be the main takeaway of each episode.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Agree with the criticisms. The tone was also just weird. I was horrified by Baby Yoda eating that woman's eggs. Seemed obvious that they wanted us to sympathize with her desperation since they went out of their way to include a heartfelt scene of her pleading to Mando to help her or her entire line would be extinct. And then they close with a scene of Baby Yoda popping another one of her babies in his mouth. So, I was supposed to think that was...cute and precious?

I remain unconvinced that this show is good. I enjoy it, but am frustrated with the pedestrian writing in almost every single episode. They needed to change something up this season. The novelty of Baby Yoda has worn off and they can't ride his coattails anymore. The more they don't realize that, the more its flaws will be the main takeaway of each episode.

Totally. Poor attempt at humor there for the last shot in the show.

But of course, the open hull would incinerate everything in the ship upon reentry to a planet.
    Now youre crossing the line of bringing science into SW universe lol

This episode, should have been the ending to the last episode rather than split them into two episodes.

These 31 minute episodes are getting old.

This episode, should have been the ending to the last episode rather than split them into two episodes.

These 31 minute episodes are getting old.
    Yep, ep2 and 3 shouldve been one. That being said, in the age of covid, I'll take any star wars I can get. Ep3 was dope

Producer
    Took this episode to realize how much I'd missed Katee Sackhoff as a sci-fi badass.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Took this episode to realize how much I'd missed Katee Sackhoff as a sci-fi badass.
    Ever see Riddick?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast